Newb checking in

Rad, welcome and thanks for posting the pics of your dinette. I like it. I wish that option would have been available when I bought my '07 Grandby.

Looking forward to some pics of the table set up.

That sofa bed/chair/storage reminds me of those transformer toys they used to sell. I like it, options and lots of storage.
Is it user friendly or a pita to transform?

It is very easy to just roll the back cushion into and out of position. Then either attach the little back rest that props up the cushion or lean the cushion up on the front wall and voila, away you go. Pix of table to follow tomorrow.

Wow! That's awesome! Our only complaint with our 07 Hawk is the lack of a dinette. Your set up is exactly what we're looking for! I'll be talking to Stan about upgrading our Hawk very soon :D

Rad,

That 16" x 16" foot area is awful small especially with the table base in there, I think they missed on that one. I just measured ours and it's 23" between seat bases with no table base and while we can both get our feet in there it's still tight. I think an improvement would be to mount the table on the step by adding just enough shaped oak lumber to extend it the needed 5 1/2" to 6" to attach the base. Reconfigure the table leg and mount for the new placement, free up the floor, and create a stable table. I know, it's a brand new camper and really hard to start messing with this soon but the change would be worth it. Just an idea so feel free to ignore it.

Oops!

I just reviewed the pictures of your camper and realized that FWC added about 3" of filler over the step in the area that the table base would be. So the filler would have to be removed to mount the base, not too hard to do. In fact I recently rebuilt the seat base under our front dinette seat to open up that hidden dead space for a storage cubby. Will post pictures in the near future.

Okay here are some more flix of the dinette that should complete this photo essay:

Attachments

• D1.jpg
    D1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 286
  • Dt2.jpg
    Dt2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 279
  • D3.jpg
    D3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 275
  • Dt4.jpg
    Dt4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 278
  • Dt1.jpg
    Dt1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 275
Welcome Aboard Great images

It cost a little more to go First Class. Good looking rig.
I have some " Starter Rust " for that live in look. Travel Safe.

For customers with the old couch design .. we can retrofit most any of the old campers to the "new dinette design" (2 seats facing each other).

Just call Chicali out in our shop.

FWC SERVICE DEPT: (800) 242-1442

He can give you the details, prices, and time frames.

Happy Camping !

:thumb:

I agree with DLN's comment on the size of space .That space for your feet looks big enough for one by the looks of Rads slippers.When you have that pole for the table and another set of legs it looks like you would be packed in there like sardines.
Thanks again for all the great photos. you got us thinking.

looking at the pictures, it does looked cramped

but at the last 2 shows I spent quite a bit of time in the camper sitting with customers at the new table

it is really not that bad

more room / more comfortable than it looks

:)

=====================================================

I agree with DLN's comment on the size of space .That space for your feet looks big enough for one by the looks of Rads slippers.When you have that pole for the table and another set of legs it looks like you would be packed in there like sardines.

Our experience with 3 days of rain and alot of time spent indoors that 1 pair of feet in the cube and the other in the aisle was very comfortable. In addition every once in awhile those 2 pairs of feet would commence a game of footsy.

phil

Stan,

Is there more floor space in the dinette in a Grandby?? If so, how much more and do you have a picture of one??

Well...

I'm going to agree with Stan on this one. I wouldn't discount the design until I tried it.

I've got about 20" between seat tops, and it's tight.

I think FWC made a great first step in their dinette. I expect customer feedback will help mold the next generation. I expect feedback requesting greater foot room.

Never the less, I think a dinette is a great option. I'm glad to see FWC come out with it. It absolutely allows for one person to stand and cook without tripping over the legs of another.

I don't wish to belabor this issue much more, but I put a lot of time into mocking up the dinette before I built it and 16" is just too small to be comfortable for two people. I'm sure it would be good enough for one with the other hanging their feet out in the isle, workable but not ideal. That said I too am very happy to see FWC offer the option. Dinette, corner cabinet, overlay doors, and the new interior materials are all great improvements.

Back
Top Bottom