Newbie just bought a Hawk Water system

Go to the Owner's Manual, page 11. You will find the section on the water system with photos similar to yours with the valve settings identified and explained. This valve controls whether the water from the hot water system flows back into the main tank to allow winterizing your camper's water system. With the handle across the tube, the water is prevented from flowing back to the storage tank. With the handle aligned with the tube, the water will flow back to the tank..

The manual is fairly short and contains some important information.

Paul

Yup....

Right now that valve is closed. If you open it up (inline with the tubing) you would drain all the water that is currently in the hot water tank into the main water holding tank. You will actually hear it draining.

Basically you will always keep that valve "as is" (in the closed position) all year long. You will only open it in the winter or whenever you want to drain/flush the hot water tank.

Thanks guys for the explanation. I bought the hawk a couple days ago so I'm learning! I've never had an Rv with a water system. If I was to use some chlorine to rinse out the system I'd want to open that after to remove the all the water before the refill correct?

I did that on mine after chlorine shocking the water system. I did two flushes because, being on a well, I really don't like the taste of chlorine.

The manual describes flushing RV antifreeze rather than chlorine but same concept.

Congratulations on your Hawk & welcome to the forum.

Paul

Like Paul, I flush the water system multiple times. I also take a Brita filter with me to remove any residual taste from the system. The Brita lives in the sink when we travel.

Back
Top Bottom