Newer Diesel Engines and Mexican Fuel

ACom

Advanced Member
I'm currently starting to shop around for a new truck to replace the F150 to haul the Grandby around and have been looking at the new F250's and Ram 2500 diesels (deals are so good right now that its pretty hard to buy used). I have some conerns with all the newer emissions equipment on them however. Not really for dirving in Canada/US but Mexico and beyond where the diesel is higher in sulpher.

I don't really know too much about this other than what I have read on a few other forums. Does anybody have any experience driving a newer diesel in Central America for an extended period of time? Would I be better to look for a pre-2007 engine if I intend to travel down south with this rig?

Cheers
AC

Mexican Diesel

I just moved to Mexico, and I see now many diesel cars, trucks and vans driving around. I still didn't see a Dodge diesel, but new Fords and GMCs are driving around.
BTW, the fuel price is about 2.80 US a gallon, so it's not too bad ;)

We just moved 6 weeks ago to Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo.
It's not the right place to go 4 wheeling, but working in tourism I just have to be here. There are still some pretty amazing beaches around here, the highest "mountain" is about 20 feet high and about 100 miles away ;)

No complains so far, could be worse, right?

Look into DPF delete on whichever brand you are looking at (for offroad use only ;))

Hey Cab good luck. So close to Tulum as well and just a ferrie ride from one of the great places on earth...Cozumel. We envy you.

I have made the decision to hang onto my half ton gasser for another couple years.....who knows what will be available by then.

I would think though that the newer diesels must be doing OK in Mexica as you do see many snowbirds hauling there trailers down there each fall with them.

thanks for the input

AC

We're off to Puerto Penasco In the AM. A friend as a condo there so I'll take the truck without the FWC. I've been told that diesel is less than $2.25 a gallon there. I paid $3.85 today in Tucson.

Back
Top Bottom