NewWEDCO 5gal gas can non-CARB compliant

Bajaahh

Advanced Member
I recently found 3 of the old WEDCO non CARB compliant gas cans. I only need two but decided to buy them all because I new what the demand was. Its 5 gallons(20L), sale includes the filler nozzle. This can has never been used, the gaskets are in perfect condition. As you know, these cans are not made or sold in the USA any longer. They are highly prized cans and have sold for $200 used. Now the hitch is that it has been slightly dented at the filler neck from shipping. I scrapped away some of the paint to insure there are no cracks. I poured some rubbing alcohol in it and held it upside down for 5 mins...not a drip! The dent is not at a point that would be holding gas anyway. If you are still unsure, some JB weld can be applied to the base of the neck and then touch her up with some paint. Other than that this is in perfect shape. I will try to upload a pic, but e-mail me and I will send more pics to you. Price is $120 plus shipping from 92024(San Diego).
-Scott

I am only asking $10 more that I bought it for to cover my driving expenses.

Email is Bajaahh@hotmail.com

I'm curious, why check the leak with rubbing alcohol instead of water? Won't the alcohol evaporate into the 5gal of air and be an ineffective leak check anyway?

What's the difference between a "non CARB compliant gas can and a CARB compliant?"

They had to change the cam mechanism which brilliantly held the cap on. The old mechanism did not wear out the gasket nor did it leak and it was simple to open/close and be sure it was closed. California changed some laws to the effect that people were not capable of pouring liquid without a spout, so all gas cans now have to have something "CARB compliant". The nanny-state at it's best :rolleyes: So the old ones were discontinued despite being superior and you can't get your hands on them anymore.

If you're looking for decent Non Carb fuel and water cans, check eBay for Scepter cans. New and used fuel and water cans
are always available there. The Fuel cans go for around $50.00 ~ $60.00 each, and the water cans go for around $20.00.
No reason in hell to pay over $100.00 for a 5 gal fuel can.

All states have discontinued the old cans. They can only be bought in Canada but they wont ship to the US.
The Septor cans are good and affordable, I just know people are still out there looking for the WEDCO...Who'da thought people would spend a few hundred dollars or more on a snorkle for their truck, but some people do... :rolleyes:

I recently found 3 of the old WEDCO non CARB compliant gas cans. I only need two but decided to buy them all because I new what the demand was. Its 5 gallons(20L), sale includes the filler nozzle. This can has never been used, the gaskets are in perfect condition. As you know, these cans are not made or sold in the USA any longer. They are highly prized cans and have sold for $200 used. Now the hitch is that it has been slightly dented at the filler neck from shipping. I scrapped away some of the paint to insure there are no cracks. I poured some rubbing alcohol in it and held it upside down for 5 mins...not a drip! The dent is not at a point that would be holding gas anyway. If you are still unsure, some JB weld can be applied to the base of the neck and then touch her up with some paint. Other than that this is in perfect shape. I will try to upload a pic, but e-mail me and I will send more pics to you. Price is $120 plus shipping from 92024(San Diego).
-Scott

I am only asking $10 more that I bought it for to cover my driving expenses.

Email is Bajaahh@hotmail.com

Gotta love the nanny state. I've spilled more fuel since the carb compliant crap came out than I ever did before.

Back
Top Bottom