Nice website for trip planning around BC, Yukon, NWT, AK

generubin

Electric Baja
Headed to Alaska, Yukon, BC or NWT? This site I came across might give you some ideas of places not to miss. I have visited most of the same places, I'd recommend them all.
http://suethomas.ca/

Sue Thomas' site

Headed that way next May for the entire summer...Thanks for the link, a quick look will lead to some in depth reading.

Deltarat,

Be sure not to miss the Dempster Hwy. I've done it several times and love it! I'll be driving there and back next summer as well. 2006 "Fiat" CTD.

Deltarat,

Be sure not to miss the Dempster Hwy. I've done it several times and love it! I'll be driving there and back next summer as well. 2006 "Fiat" CTD.

I concur with Gene. We did the Dempster this past August as part of our BC, Yukon, NWT & AK trip. As my wife and I reflect back on that trip, the Dempster always comes up as one of the true highlights . . . . fabulous scenery,lots of wildlife and very few tourists . . . . a hard combination to beat!

Richard

Here's another one for B.C. only. I have been meaning to post this for a while it lists all the government sites and also the forestry ones. We use it to find out of the way 4x4 sites. Use it lots it payed for with tax dollars yours and mine.

http://apps.gov.bc.ca/pub/recst/

Cheers, Mike

Mike,
That is a great map! Thank you for sharing it. And lucky you to be living in Hope, BC. I've been all over BC, Yukon and NWT. Hope would be one of my first of 3 choices of places to live in Canada. And you get that great health care as well! Picture below you'll notice is from your town park.
Gene IMG_1660_2.jpg

Mike- Thanks for the link. I'm only about 100 mi south of Cranbrook and like to get up that way as often as possible.

Your welcome guys. We have been using it for the last few years and it does work good. Seems to be updated regularly as well, perhaps for the wild fire access roads.

Gene, Yes Hope is a Great place to live. We moved here 14 years ago with the idea of someday retiring in a small community with decent amenity's. That day came 3 years ago for me and will come next June for my wife. We truly love it here.

Ah the heath care, that it is universal and based on your income is great but lets not forget that it still must be paid for and we do pay for it in taxes. Nothing is free and if you give the government $1. they will give you back 50 cent the rest goes to overhead. Someday I hope they will figure this out, but I am not sure I will be alive to see it.

Back
Top Bottom