No Destination : hoyden and two dogs hit the road full-time

So sorry to hear about the Pugster. I've been through the same thing many times and as difficult as it is and how sad you are, I always knew (know) that my pets had a great life with me, and me with them. They bring so much joy and I know they had a great life as Pugs did with you!

Catching up : Marble Canyon to Kodachrome Basin State Park

It's been awhile since I posted about my travels. I've done a lot! I've been worried about Pugsly for a little while, so my motivation to post has been low. Honestly, I'm not much in a storytelling mode. I miss my Pugsly and am sad and tired. When I left Tuweep (North Rim Grand Canyon) last week, I knew I needed to get back to Pugsly's vet and friends.
[ 551 more words ]

http://no-destination.org/index.php/2017/04/04/catching-up/

Catching up - Bryce Canyon National Park and Zion

We left Kodachrome with a promise to myself that I'll go back again at some point. It's so lovely and there were other hikes I wanted to do, but the rain made for seriously mushy ground. When we were at the ranch, Argos was very excited about the horses. He is still very interested in cattle. At some point, Argos jumped into the front seat with Pugsly and decided he wanted to ride up front too. [ 253 more words ]

http://no-destination.org/index.php/2017/04/04/catching-up-bryce-canyon-national-park-and-zion/

Catching up: Tuweep / Toroweep Overlook : North Rim Grand Canyon (Photo heavy)

My friend Bob from Spokane and I had agreed to meet at Pipe Spring National Monument near Fredonia, Arizona at noon Tuesday March 28th and then head out to Tuweep via the dirt Mt. Trumbull Road off highway 389. I was all set to camp at the Pipe Spring campground, but after a couple of hours of getting beaten up by the wind, I decided to go into Kanab and get a motel for the night. [ 914 more words ]

http://no-destination.org/index.php/2017/04/04/catching-up-tuweep-toroweep-overlook-north-rim-grand-canyon/

I enjoy reading your reports. It's fun to see the same spots we visited last fall and to see you had some similar experiences. I think we were in spot #4 at Tuweep (you can see our writeup here). We had to leave our Rocky home for that trip- would have been his last. Nice that Pugsly got to go along. I don't think you are the first person to get locked in their camper- I know there is a thread on here somewhere about that. :)

takeiteasy: I love all those areas you were in that TR! I had the same feeling/experience at Arches: too many people! And same at Muley Point: WINDY! I'm glad that Pugsly was there, it's hard to imagine travels without her. :-(

The getting locked in camper issue is an issue and I can't believe it hasn't been fixed! If I'd been alone, I probably would have kicked the door out in panic and frustration. Good thing Bob reminded me about the emergency window, but I was still trying to figure out how I'd get the dogs out if I hadn't had tools.

Please help me identify these!

01) Near Marble Canyon, Az

P1010985-paw-prints.jpg

P1010986-paw-prints2.jpg

02) Bryce Canyon National Park

P1020119-Bryce-paw.jpg

Okay, that's all for now.
I also have pictures of scat to identify. :-D

So sorry for your loss Ladybug. We have never spent a night in our camper over the last year (20,000+ miles) without our quickly aging, 16 y.o. tabby cat, Buddy. It pains us to see his physical abilities deteriorate to the point where we sometimes have to help him jump up to his little bed on the couch.

We just did a 25 day trip with him and had a couple of discussions about what it would be like without him there next to us... can't imagine it. So much of our time out there revolves around his needs (food, quiet and clean litter) and that keeps us grounded so to speak. He truly is family as I know Pugsly was for you.

Attachments

• 2017_03_18_9130 (Small).JPG
    2017_03_18_9130 (Small).JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 65
daverave said:
So sorry for your loss Ladybug. We have never spent a night in our camper over the last year (20,000+ miles) without our quickly aging, 16 y.o. tabby cat, Buddy. It pains us to see his physical abilities deteriorate to the point where we sometimes have to help him jump up to his little bed on the couch.

We just did a 25 day trip with him and had a couple of discussions about what it would be like without him there next to us... can't imagine it. So much of our time out there revolves around his needs (food, quiet and clean litter) and that keeps us grounded so to speak. He truly is family as I know Pugsly was for you.
Those rituals are so important, and so much part of the journey. The past two mornings I get up and I don't have her to lift out of the camper and it's a little disorienting. I picked up her ashes this afternoon and all I want is to transform them back into her sweet self and pet her little head.

I'll leave Prescott in a day or so - when my head feels more functional. I have a massage with a friend tomorrow, hoping that helps.

I'm thinking about going to Saline Valley Hot Springs. Does anyone have any advice on getting there?

Dawn: I'm sorry to hear about Pugsley and the loss you feel. Our pets grow to be part of our families and our companions. Some say having a dog (or any pet) is heartbreak waiting to happen. I guess that may be true but that's only a part of the story. The other part is that everyday Pugsley put a smile on your face and you put a wag in her tail. For you two not to have had these times together would have been the greatest loss. Remember that you are lucky to have had those moments.

Take care.

Ron

It's been weird running errands without my Pugsly navigator next to me. :-(

But Argos and I are getting ready for motion.
I realized I should probably get housing secured at my new city of residence while I have access to WiFi... My friend in Columbia, Mo is going to check out a house for me on Sunday, so I'm hoping to leave Monday morning.

Sorry to hear about Pugsly! Sometimes things happen for a reason. Now you have a hole in your heart for a while. But one less worry about Pugsly's care while you are working.

Best of luck with the new Jobby Job.

I'm supposed to be out in Missouri with my camper in late June for a fishing trip.

Back
Top Bottom