No Destination : hoyden and two dogs hit the road full-time

Wow thanks for the pdf of Zion and all the nifty info. It is on the bucket list. Of course since hanging around here my bucket list got so long I had to go buy a bigger bucket :p

Stalking Light said:
Zion east of the tunnel is less crowded and I like the slick rock up there better than the valley.
It is so more beautiful up there. But from what I saw, there were only 'sight-seeing' pull-offs, no parking.

hoyden said:
It is so more beautiful up there. But from what I saw, there were only 'sight-seeing' pull-offs, no parking.
I've parked and hiked from a lot of the pullouts and I've seen dogs off leash up there too, although I don't know if that's legal. I would be worried about a dog taking off after the bighorn sheep.

You can't do it with a dog or advanced planning but hiking the Narrows from top to bottom is amazing. Fall is the best too!

It's raining right now. Fitting for how I'm feeling.
The heavens cry along with me with the loss of my wonderful companion, Pugsly.

I have few words right now. I didn't know it was possible to love a wee creature so much.
Four years ago, she walked lost down my street and found me.

Thank you. The camper feels so ... lacking... without her here. :(

From Tuweep, I went back to Prescott (Az) to her vet and friends.
Argos and I will be here for another day or two. Might go meet Cayuse for campering in The Swell on Thursday.
We'll see.
Also considering going to find the hot spring in Death Valley.
Honestly, not terribly enthused about planning right now. I know it'll get better, but sad now.

Dawn,

I'm sorry for your loss.

It's hard to say goodbye to a beloved companion. The heart remembers most what is loved best. May fond memories comfort you and bring you peace.

My thoughts are with you.

That loss is never easy, time helps but it never goes away. I know all to well that hollow, empty feeling you're going through right now. So sorry for your sadness little lady. :( Ron

I know all too well how you feel and am so sorry for your loss. Time will help the pain and I suspect some other needy dog will get a very good home one day :(

Thank you all so much. I woke up at 2am with terrible anxiety and bad dreams. I watched tv for awhile, and eventually fell back asleep. When I woke around 7am, I pet Argos and looked to where Pugsly slept and saw only camper cushion. It was sad. I got up and breakfasted and thought I was feeling somewhat okay and around lunch I motivated to go run some errands. I was distracted and couldn't quite get my head together. I managed to get my propane refilled, and ran by Walgreens, but I started to get really sad again and remembered that Grief and Short-Term Memory don't mix. So, I went back to my friend's house and popped up. I decided to spend the afternoon watching Star Trek Voyager episodes (it's so cheesy) and hanging out with Argos.

Tomorrow I pick up Pugsly's ashes. :(

I was thinking I'd meet Cayuse up at the Swell on Thursday, but I don't think I'll be in the right headspace for a bunch of driving. My friend arranged for me to have a massage Thursday instead. I'm going to give myself permission to leave when I feel like it - Friday or sometime over the weekend I'm thinking. The anniversary of my dad's death is on Sunday (April kinda sucks), so we'll see.

I think I'll head to Saline Valley Hot Springs, then up to Cazadero, Ca for a friend's 60th birthday party on April 21st.

ski3pin said:
Lady Bug, our condolences and we wish you peace with Pugley's passing.
Sorry for Pugley's passing.
I haven't been following you for a while so just saw this.
Brighter days are sure to be ahead.

Another "friend" will walk into your life.
Frank

Been just a couple of months since we lost our dog Rocky. It is true those dogs find their way into your heart and it is tough when their time runs out. Photos and memories help and hurt at the same time. Take each day as it comes- hot springs and friends sound like a good antidote. Best wishes.

Ladybug, I know you're sad, but think how much better you made that pup's life. You made a big difference for Pugsley. I think she's saying thanks for caring.

Back
Top Bottom