No Destination : hoyden and two dogs hit the road full-time

So, its too hot. I forgot! Ha! Dogs aren't especially happy. I think I won't explore Kofa, cuz it's going to be in the mid 90s!

My mom and stepdad leave tomorrow chasing wildflowers in California and I'll head north to Prescott to pick up my bicycle :)

Then where?
I have a couple of weeks before meeting Cayuse in Tuweep.

Guess I'll roll the dice.... :)

(or run away to Baja???)

The problems with the driving transport idea is a)dogs. Usually folks don't want em in their new vehicles b)don't really like the cannonball runs c)where's the campering action?!?!?

:-D

I've been posting a lot of photos on my Facebook and Instagram pages! When I started this trip, I decided to subscribe to (full-time RVers) Technomadia's "2-2-2" rule: Drive no more than 2 hours, stay no less than 2 nights and be in to your next spot by 2pm. Over the past few months I've done pretty good adhering to that rule.
[ 1,015 more words ]

https://no-destination.org/index.php/2017/03/15/cannonball-run/

eFDPyD-xvSdpQB0AkVtSaTXA7dQV8js8qW7AHD5c2WdsO5qfy16YbwJeUJdOPB227k4SAOcYaXBescINcGinxrYMrUoAyGFSDCUeYjURi1EWvioApu9ziTm_r1sM0z6IwcmvWdfAXtBaA9krgMgvAl1JyTOTOqEr0wb3ruPaOO08KheraGn67ToJeQVF-keNsQTXReFF4Fc1IKAAZbiOopZ-kSvL5Xt1FkSWUMCLTN4SaYMYVuw3UkrQoYtk9aPpQ2DyrwNNy2jaYsT3S--o0CWYZLd6YYV_UnBN22WPyZtBa9uA8mFo58qLYFirUVt-PQM-M_Mu0Hx8s5pGNlmXi6lNR8u5fXsULGztVvox2pYdkbBSvE3DzNk6aq7uCkO3wXwl8t2WS0g4Jcm8P4FKa7ZL9ihQJnqt0Bh-8Mrp9muI7xQZilCAa7LjMp4zmXg4-I5bUH-JkAg-4I6C-QOWxalQUgls98rsxyxUUMbO_uL1IigO0VnpkhsjtbvjMQAKRLooct3WP83Zy5ieR3CKTPI77CWDHHDyi_hx-eBVZ0k_ObZfbd5Zw5NH3pZkaDGLvKEThZgiGrOMtIMJKygX8ohYSvhDlO7rPExjZ3493FuHw_PwKg=w2688-h1520-no

City of Rocks State Park, NM

Once I leave Skull Valley/Prescott, I will have about a week /week and a half until I meet Cayuse for campering at Tuweep.
I'm looking for ideas of where to go - I'd rather not to drive too much, and don't want to spend all my time in the forest (of which there is plenty in N. Az). I was considering Mogollon Rim for a couplea days, but it's not exactly in the right direction. Hm

I too would vote for the North rim area for great solitude, and even some wild and crazy areas along the rim over looking the Green River!! Or, maybe the "Goosenecks area?

tumbling weeds.gif

slickrock steve said:
I too would vote for the North rim area for great solitude, and even some wild and crazy areas along the rim over looking the Green River!! Or, maybe the "Goosenecks area?
I haven't been Goosenecks - can camp up there?

What "wild and crazy areas along the rim overlooking the Green River"?!

Hi Dawn. We met last Monday morning as you were getting ready to leave Organ Pipe Cactus NM.

I'd second the area around Kanaab for a bit before heading to Tuweep. There's so much around there of interest. I'd suggest stopping at BLM office in Kanaab were you can get a lot of info for the surrounding area. I like Buckskin Gulch and Stateline BLM campground for a day or so. Looks like you can beat some of the heat up there.

I'm heading for Tuweep tomorrow. Apparently the road is in pretty good shape at the moment.

Have fun!

Ron

I spent a day and night on the Kaibab plateau before heading to Tuweep. There were dispersed camping opportunities east of De Motte and a pretty spectacular view at the edge of the east plateau rim looking toward Marble Canyon and the Cocks Comb. I could easily spend more time there.

Thanks for all your suggestions! I couldn't find my dice (it's in my coat, which is buried in my truck right now due to all the warm weather) but I decided to head NW to around Page/Kanab-ish areas and not put in too many miles. Will post more soon! :-D

Back
Top Bottom