No grey water system

I bought a Faswin 10L collapsible bucket on Amazon for about $14.00. Then I run a washing machine hose from the camper to the bucket. I like the collapsible bucket, easy to store. The machine hose just dangles in the bucket, but it's no problem.

Hey John, I believe the threads in the reliance cap are pipe threads - not hose - that's the problem. The fittings I used went from hose female to male pipe.

Sedro F. Woolley said:
This looked great to me, so I bought a 7-gallon container and an extra cap to modify as described. When I went to Homer's Depot to get the PVC fittings, I found that 3/4" hose thread is just a tad bit bigger than the thread on the Reliance lid, so a 3/4" cap fitting will barely start in the lid. Ski3pin, did you run into that too, and did you just go ahead and crank those fittings in? I'm a little worried about busting the reliance lids. Wondering if maybe Reliance changed the lids since you did yours.

Thanks,
John

mrc06405j said:
Hi,

I am about to buy a 4 wheel Camper. I see that it has no grey water system.

- Is this standard for truck campers?

- Dosn't this cause a problem in a parking lot or other facility when you are leaving a puddle of water next to your rig?

- How do you handle grey water?
Just an FYI, not all pop up truck campers lack a grey water tank. Our Hallmark camper has one and this makes it very convenient so that we are not worrying about a potential leak bouncing down the road if we have to transport it some distance.

I guess the same conversation could be had about black water. Some campers have facilities and some don’t. It just depends on what you want....

For my FWC, I use low-temperature accommodating flexible garden hose coming off the drain into a 3 gallon Camco collapsable bucket (which has it's own storage case with loop). When not in use, this storage case is is hung on a 3M Command large heavy duty hook which has foam sticking it to the outside back window of my truck cab. An old tennis ball jammed between the window/storage case and the front of the camper window gives perfect friction to keep it from bouncing off the hook. This short length of hose stores perfectly in the space in front of the camper and the bed (I've got extra LONG zip cord tied to the hose, looped onto the Command hook, which prevents the hose from falling down into the void, with extra length to tie to the handle of the collapsible bucket to keep it from collapsing when deployed). If this doesn't make sense, visit me in Jackson Hole & I'll show you! It's worked PERFECTLY.

ALSO, I've got another large heavy duty 3M command hook on the other side of the outside rear truck cab window. I hang TWO bear sprays with holsters from it. Bringing them down for hiking in bear country or inside at night to protect from 2 legged critters. NEVER store bear spray inside a vehicle. Hot temps can set'em off blowing out every window and making it uninhabitable.

This system takes up zero space in cab & camper, utilizing outside space you may have never thought about. Every friggin' square inch of camper space counts.

Happy Trails!

Back
Top Bottom