No Hot Water at Sink

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I don’t have a dog in the fight, but that seems strange to me. Are you not getting any water flow from the sink hot tap?
Water is flowing fine on both settings H&C. It just wont trigger the water heater when on hot.

I am way out of my league on this one, I’ve never had a RV where the water heater was triggered by flow, other than to turn on when tank temps dropped. Especially puzzling since it does work at the shower.

Im my 2023 Hawk, the water heater is tankless. Something must activate it only when the faucet is turned to the hot position. I need to research just what makes this little devil tick.

Some RV faucets are „electric“ meaning they have a switch in them, usually used to trigger the water pump. Check to see if your faucet has any small wires coming out of it?

Thanks Vic, I will look for that. My thought is that the water flow triggers the ignition on the heater. That may explain why the shower(higher water flow) kicks it on and not the sink. Just wondering why it all of the sudden quit working.

I didn’t realize that FWC offered tankless in 2023. Have you tried connecting to city water to see if more pressure would help?

Our travel trailer has the Truma AquaGo. I’ll check to see what turns the heat on, but suspect it’s a flow sensor. I’m away from TV the house now. Assuming you have a Truma, the below might help. Check your faucet for debris at the filter.

Edit: found this online “The Truma AquaGo instant water heater is connected between the vehicle's fresh water supply and its hot water system. When the appliance is switched on, the burner starts automatically as soon as the hot water faucet is opened and the flow of the water is greater than approximately 0.4 gallons per minute (1.5 l/min).”

Excellent diagnostic tip Sagebrush, thank you. After this storm blows through I will hook up the hose and see if she runs hot.

Back
Top Bottom