Norcold 323 3-Way Fridge Questions.

Ghetto Johnny

Hello everyone.
I recently purchase a used Truck Camper and I have been going through it to make it 100%.
The Previous Owner said the Norcold 323 3-Way Fridge had never worked and now it does on all 3 Power Sources(12VDC,120VAC and Propane. It ended up being some Wiring Issues/Bad Fuse.
I pulled the Fridge out and did some bench testing it and now i'm ready to put it back in but have a question for the Group.
There was some remains of Insulation on the sides of the fridge and the Cabinet but none on top.
Does anyone know what Insulation I should used and how to apply it?
What about putting some on top?
Thanks in advance
Let me know.
John

Ruck_and_Roll,
Thanks for the response.
Did you use a single layer of it or double it up?
Isn't it supposed to be fire Resistance/Proof?
what about the top?
Thanks again for the Info.

As wandering sagebrush says, there are probably better options. I just attempted to duplicate what the factory had. I placed one layer around the fridge on the sides and top which was pretty snug. There was a lot of space in the rear (as I replaced a fridge with DC compressor) so I ended up using some hard insulation additionally and covering that with reflectix to fill the extra space. Haven't really done any formal testing to see if actually effected efficiency.

Ghetto Johnny said:
Ruck_and_Roll,
Thanks for the response.
Did you use a single layer of it or double it up?
Isn't it supposed to be fire Resistance/Proof?
what about the top?
Thanks again for the Info.

I just reinstalled my Norcold 3-way about a week ago and it had the same insulation on top as the sides. I couldn’t tell exactly what it was, but the outer layer was an aluminized cardboard. Possibly foam beneath that I’m thinking.

Back
Top Bottom