Nother Camper Mod

It's done, fits nice, a little adjustment room. I used hose on the lower that sits in the moulding, put a curl in the straps for storage of light items. The cuts for the latches don't really affect the noise thus far but I made really nice cuts with shears and kept the inners just in case cross or tail winds cause the latch access to sing.

I just need to dull it down so I don't blind people at certain times of the day..

Attachments

• Wing-1.jpg
    Wing-1.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 500
  • Wing-6.jpg
    Wing-6.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 484
It's got a nice angle for front flex of the bed / cabover. A gnarly head wind at highway speeds would push the top of the fairing about a 1/2 inch closer making the spill angle great in all cases. I have my windows squeegee in the storage spot right now. I just hit the panel with a brillo wheel, not so blinding now...

Overall, I am really happy with the way it turned out, it was fun to make...

Attachments

• Wing-2.jpg
    Wing-2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 678
  • Wing-4.jpg
    Wing-4.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 575
The handy shower curtain rod on the rack, 30 wide by 35 extended. Now for the turnbuckle leashes, front fairing, All Pro jerry can holder, 115 volt plug relocation, etc...

I don't know, if you need a curtain you should find a more remote camp. I will admit though, on a cooler windy day it must be nice.

I know this thread is kinda old but as a new FWC Finch owner (as of yesterday) I found the buffeting from the wind in the Banning Pass, near Palm Springs, quite alarming. I was only going 65 at first then the wind kicked up and I brought it down to 50 and it still made me nervous.

How is your airdam working for you? It looks very doable.

ETAV8R said:
I know this thread is kinda old but as a new FWC Finch owner (as of yesterday) I found the buffeting from the wind in the Banning Pass, near Palm Springs, quite alarming. I was only going 65 at first then the wind kicked up and I brought it down to 50 and it still made me nervous.

How is your airdam working for you? It looks very doable.
I have a airdam on my Hawk because of the buffeting. I stops the noise. As a side note if the noise stops when you crack a window try this. Change the indoor / outdoor air setting on your heater. I find this allows a higher speed without the buffeting. I only use the wing on long trips, not around town.

Bill

Kodachrome said:
It's got a nice angle for front flex of the bed / cabover. A gnarly head wind at highway speeds would push the top of the fairing about a 1/2 inch closer making the spill angle great in all cases. I have my windows squeegee in the storage spot right now. I just hit the panel with a brillo wheel, not so blinding now...

Overall, I am really happy with the way it turned out, it was fun to make...

Wow, that's a great deflector. Your other mods are nice as well. I'm thinking of your aluminum idea or 6mm Sheeted PVC. More research to do......

Back
Top Bottom