Tuff Guy 62
nikonron
clikrf8 + 1 (?)
allanb
GroovyDad (maybe)
mikedunn
clikrf8 + 1 + 2 dogs
Missing Link + 1

Cayuse and I have been discussing having a WtW meetup in beautiful Utah.

I was leaning towards Valley of the Gods, but he pointed out, not much for good hiking there and suggested Cottonwood Canyon / Grand Staircase / Escalante area.
I've not been there (except for my recent cannonball run through it)
[SIZE=12.8px]It looks great! [/SIZE][SIZE=12.8px]Possible campering location? [/SIZE]37°14'26.8"N 111°55'15.4"W

* [SIZE=9.5pt]location is subject to change if we all decide someplae else in lovely Utah works better for us all. [/SIZE][SIZE=12.8px]* * [/SIZE][SIZE=12.8px]We are also lookng into doing a day of Group Volunteering at [/SIZE][SIZE=12.8px]Best Friends Animal Sanctuary [/SIZE][SIZE=12.8px]Kanab,[/SIZE][SIZE=12.8px] if there is sufficient interest here![/SIZE]

Wandering Sagebrush said:
We may be in the area around then, but probably with the travel trailer. Heavy duty boondocking will more than likely be out.
The coordinates that are on the post are fairly close to 89 at the south end of Cottonwood so depending on the tracel trailer chances are you should be able to make it in there.

Great idea!

We're taking a week off in August to reconnoiter the John Day Country in Oregon and another week in November to explore KOFA & hit Joshua Tree on the way back home.

We'll see if we can squeeze Utah in between.

The wife and I will be in the area around that time, may swing by. How many rigs will fit in that area? If you get much rain you may want to relocate, that road it like ice when muddy. Alstrom Point is another fantastic spot to camp with great scenic views over Lake Powell. Ron

nikonron said:
The wife and I will be in the area around that time, may swing by. How many rigs will fit in that area? If you get much rain you may want to relocate, that road it like ice when muddy. Alstrom Point is another fantastic spot to camp with great scenic views over Lake Powell. Ron
Rain will definitely require a relocation! There are some places as you go up over Buckskin MT. on the other side of 89 that could also support a group. As for how many rigs, not sure but on the other side of the road on the backside of the fins.monoliths there are more places that could be used this was just thrown out as a possibility if it looks like lots of people are coming the location might need to be adjusted accordingly.

We will be there in that general area in late October so are interested. Sorry we missed the California meet-up.

I'm going to definitely consider this one. It's almost a 12 hour drive for me from Reno, but I can make the road trip an adventure in itself. October sounds like a great time of year to visit that area.

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to scout out 37°14'26.8"N 111°55'15.4"W
I'd go this weekend, but I really need to spend at least one weekend at home to take care of home stuff!
(gotta get my little dual-sport running!)

Wish I had more than just a two-day weekend for scouting....

allanb said:
Fun to have the bike running. I look forward to some time off to get on my Honda 110. Interesting I last went up that road ( coordinates), in 1988 after a trip to the north rim!

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West
Yeah, I made the mistake of letting it sit for a couplea months (I had a Ural + sidecar + pug, what was I supposed to do?!?! :D )
Now it's spitting gas into the airbox. Waiting on my carb re-build kit to arrive. I'm thinking bad float needle or one of those teeny o-rings is bad. (friends trying to get me to ditch carbs and get a fuel-injected bike...after years of this... kinda vaguely considering it. But just for the off-road bike ;) Can't do much about the '74 RD350.... )

I'm hoping to have it all happy for my scouting mission so I can explore a little up there!
Need to make some maps....

ImageUploadedByWander The West1466577442.256604.jpg hey maybe just figured out how to get pics to here. Let see if it works. Easy one for northwesterners to guess location

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

hoyden said:
In a couple of weeks, I'm going to scout out 37°14'26.8"N 111°55'15.4"W
I'd go this weekend, but I really need to spend at least one weekend at home to take care of home stuff!
(gotta get my little dual-sport running!)

Wish I had more than just a two-day weekend for scouting....
I've been considering a dual-sport for a while now, but I have a big yellow lab that I'm not going to leave behind when I get out camping. I know your dog is small, but what do you do with him when you venture out of camp on your bike? Do you tuck him in your jacket? I can't leave my buddy behind, so I may just have to wait for the inevitable to happen before I can buy a bike.

Back
Top Bottom