Oct 21 - 24 Group Utah Campering Gathering

Stalking Light said:
Lots of hiking up on Cedar Mesa.
Yes, aware of that. I was hoping there was something close by where we wouldn't have to move our campers once we were set up... unless someone volunteers to run a shuttle service :)

Exactly, lots of side canyons to explore. We had a blast exploring up the canyon from Castle Butte

Hoyden, No that was not my bus, I have an Eagle, a bit smaller then a bus, but in that area I saw some people atop some formations. I also hiked down a canyon, but did not go far, just a few mile to find a good spot to photograph a formation. That may not be considered hiking to some.

Still on board for this. It looks like a few from the PNW will be there also. We should be in that area around that time as we were planning to xplore around the Bears Ears area and also Cedar Mesa and around southern parts of Lake Powel. Thanks for the idea and planning. Potluck ideas?

Thanks to all that post on this thread!

As it would happen we are in the planning stage for a 9-10 day+ trip to area of the Grand Staircase and Escalante areas probably October 2-12 or so.

We need to stretch the legs on our '16 Hawk; coming from Enterprise Oregon so it is about 800+ miles to get there...

Trying to work in a stop at Big Basin National Park; upper campground at the base of Wheeler Peak is spectacular.

Again, thanks for photos and comments.

Phil

Would be fun to meet you Phil, and see your new rig.We'll be coming thru your next of the woods on the way down. Hope you have had your hawk out. Just had mine out for the second time the last few days. Will see if any pics came thru.
Folks, clikrf8 is so cool, that I'll drive 1200 miles to meet her, even though she lives 40 miles north :)
Potlucks are always great, we're in! Some due a, a-f bring desert etc thing, but we have never had a problem for lack of food, or a nice blend. Had many wonderful potlucks over the last 12 years with the kayak club, etc.

allanb said:
Would be fun to meet you Phil, and see your new rig.We'll be coming thru your next of the woods on the way down. Hope you have had your hawk out. Just had mine out for the second time the last few days. Will see if any pics came thru.
Folks, clikrf8 is so cool, that I'll drive 1200 miles to meet her, even though she lives 40 miles north :)
Potlucks are always great, we're in! Some due a, a-f bring desert etc thing, but we have never had a problem for lack of food, or a nice blend. Had many wonderful potlucks over the last 12 years with the kayak club, etc.
Uh, I am not and have never been cool. You must have me confused with ski3pin, Foy, Ted, Smoke or any one of a number of folks who ooze cool. I am, however, probably the only person in this forum to have officially photographed Johnny Depp playing guitar with Alice Cooper. When we all meet up, I can share them on my iPad as per photo release I can not post to the internet. Looking forward to exploring with you all.

Depp and Cooper...I knew it! They have been a couple all along!

Would love to view your photo shoots...no matter what you say or how often you deny it...those photos are cool...by default that makes the photographer cool... :D

Phil

Okay, cool by default. Which photos are cool? Rock stars or scenic? Hope to share photos and experiences with this groups "cool" photographers. You know who you are. And, to hear Smoke's stories when he worked for BLM.

Wallowa said:
Thanks to all that post on this thread!

As it would happen we are in the planning stage for a 9-10 day+ trip to area of the Grand Staircase and Escalante areas probably October 2-12 or so.

We need to stretch the legs on our '16 Hawk; coming from Enterprise Oregon so it is about 800+ miles to get there...

Trying to work in a stop at Big Basin National Park; upper campground at the base of Wheeler Peak is spectacular.

Again, thanks for photos and comments.

Phil

Just posted a new thread about our trip...if possible would like to hook up with you folks if our trips overlap...we will be in the Escalante/GSC area from about 10-7 to 10-24.

Phil

Hi Phil!

Fantastic!
I'll be at VotG I think this Friday (maybe Thurs, maybe Saturday. Depends on when I leave Illinois :) ) to nail down the exact coordinates for our campering location.

hoyden said:
Hi Phil!

Fantastic!
I'll be at VotG I think this Friday (maybe Thurs, maybe Saturday. Depends on when I leave Illinois :) ) to nail down the exact coordinates for our campering location.

Ah...great will appreciate the locations...but I am a Luddite and don't use a GPS...old man, old ways!

Looking forward to this..

Phil

We will be in the general area by Saturday. As the Bobcat is still in process, base camping and day tripping mostly. At present, thinking a focus on highway 12, but may go on to the Four Corners region. Ruby red F350 CCLB pulling an Airstream. Say howdy if you see us.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
We will be in the general area by Saturday. As the Bobcat is still in process, base camping and day tripping mostly. At present, thinking a focus on highway 12, but may go on to the Four Corners region. Ruby red F350 CCLB pulling an Airstream. Say howdy if you see us.
Right on! Will do! I'll let ya know where I am too, see if you are anywhere nearby :)

We are adjusting our schedule and leaving 10-5; should be into Cottonwood Cyn 10-6 and then work our way East across the Escalante Basin and over to the Waterpocket Fold, or?..returning around 10-21 but may squeak out a few more days.

If any of the WW crowd is down there in Oct..look for a gray '05 Tundra AC with truck roof rack and '16 FWC Hawk...from the rear the "Dead give away" will be the Grateful Dead sticker in the back window...my wife is a tried and true "Deadhead" ...my vintage was more Roy O.; Fats D.,Everly Bros, Beach Boys, Kingston Trio; you get the idea :D ...

Phil

Back
Top Bottom