OEM switch panel, 2015 Grandby

pawleyk

Hey guys,

I'd like to buy a few switches to match the underutilized stock panel in my late model Grandby. Anyone know who makes the stock panel or where I can buy some more switches for it?

I figure since I have the space I might as well match the OEM install.

Thanks!

DSC_0093.JPG

After matching the photo to a bunch of switch-panel photos online, I think I found it. It appears to be manufactured by (or for) JR Products, an RV-industry supplier. Oddly, I can't find the quad black panel anywhere. Here's a link to the quad white version on Amazon.

It might be easiest to buy additional or replacement switches from FWC as PaulT notes. I guess the other possibility would be to buy a single, double, or triple black one off Amazon and move the switch(es) to your existing panel. I assume they're a snap-in fit.

The web site where I first found the JR Products panels and switches is Trailer Parts Superstore. I couldn't tell which switch applies. Also, I can't tell if any of the the illuminated switches they show would fit the panel (if you happen to be interested in those). Perhaps a call to Trailer Parts Superstore or JR Products ( Link) would clear that up if that appeals to you.

Hmm. And here's an interesting twist. There's not only a jrproducts.net, there's a jrproducts.com. And that latter one shows me where I can buy the products and their prices (but still doesn't show a quad black panel). I recognize many of the business names as relatively close to me here in PA. They must be picking up my location from my computer and customizing the list for me.

If anyone has the part-number of the switch and/or the quad black panel, please post.

Also, if anyone has put in a switch or swapped a panel for another, please post the process (I don't have one so can't just go look at it).

I was surprised I couldn't just find the things online.

Took everybody's advice and just sent an email over to FWC. They got me setup with 3 more switches for $4/ea.

Mailing them to a friends so she can bring them down to Guatemala with her..

Vic, I wonder how hard it would be to replace my stock switches with those. The location of my switches allows the dog and items to come in contact and turn them on. I don't always realize the lights outside are on until dark :(

XJINTX said:
Vic, I wonder how hard it would be to replace my stock switches with those. The location of my switches allows the dog and items to come in contact and turn them on. I don't always realize the lights outside are on until dark :(
Hard? Depends on how you feel about cutting holes in your camper. If the new switches don't fit your existing mounting plate, you will have to replace the plate. The new plate may not fit the existing hole, so that will need modifying.

The lights on the switches are not bright. You may not notice those being on either. I bump into the one for my inverter on occasion, and now that I know that I look for the telltale. It is much easier to tell if the switch is on than it would be otherwise.

The Blue Sea stuff is nice high quality kit, but pricey too compared to other stuff you can find on ebay or amazon.

I spoke with a customer service guy at JR Products a few minutes ago. I gave him the part number for the quad-white panel and said I was looking for the part number of the switch in the black version of that quad panel. He said the switch is 12255. Here's one on Amazon. That's nice to have for the dimensions (cutout= 0.670 x 0.500, switch= 1.285 x 0.830).

He said there's not currently a lighted direct replacement switch. He said there's a red one available that fits the panel but wiring's different. I believe that's the 12045 shown here on Amazon.

Note-- this listing of the switches shows wiring diagrams and the diagrams for the red one are indeed different than the others. Reviews on the Amazon listing suggest it can work but there's insufficient detail to tell for sure.

He said there's currently not a black quad version of the panel on the aftermarket but said there probably will be one some time in the future.

XJINTX said:
This is how I solved the problem of accidentally turning on a switch.

IMG_1953.jpg

Camelracer... now that is an option I like. May I assume you just drilled the hole? My switches are a bit different but maybe I can do that.

XJINTX said:
Camelracer... now that is an option I like. May I assume you just drilled the hole? My switches are a bit different but maybe I can do that.
I just popped the switch out of the panel and drilled the hole. There's nothing mechanical or electrical in that part of the switch.

Back
Top Bottom