Ol wise ones!

Funstini

Advanced Member
Old wise ones. I greatly appreciate your opinions.

Time to replace my tires on my 2002 F-350 Ford diesel, 4x4, 1-ton pick-up with a dedicated Keystone 4 wheel camper on the rear. I want to use a larger tire so I can get an extra couple inches below the differential. I am installing a 4 inch lift. My question is .......... I wanted to use Falkner 315x75x16's Wildpeaks because they are getting great reviews. I can only get that size in a "D" rating (8 ply) my 1 ton needs a "E" rated tire, do you think it would make that much difference? It's a heavy truck and the camper weights, fully loaded less than 2,000 lbs. I flat tow my Rubicon Jeep behind it but it doesn't put any tongue weight on the vehicle. My next choose is the Toyo Cross Country M/T's rated at at "E".

Thanks in advance for your input.

Funstini

I think you will be much happier with "E" rated tires.

That is a big truck and a pretty big camper (for a pop-up).

The E rated tires will be a better choice (just my opinion).

I used to have a somewhat big Ford F-150 (extended cab, long bed, 4x4).

It had a good set of off road "D" rated tires.

When the truck was loaded up with camper and family, I could see a little squatting of the rear tires from the weight of the truck and camper.

I never had that with my "E" rated tires.

:)

Old wise ones. I greatly appreciate your opinions.

Time to replace my tires on my 2002 F-350 Ford diesel, 4x4, 1-ton pick-up with a dedicated Keystone 4 wheel camper on the rear. I want to use a larger tire so I can get an extra couple inches below the differential. I am installing a 4 inch lift. My question is .......... I wanted to use Falkner 315x75x16's Wildpeaks because they are getting great reviews. I can only get that size in a "D" rating (8 ply) my 1 ton needs a "E" rated tire, do you think it would make that much difference? It's a heavy truck and the camper weights, fully loaded less than 2,000 lbs. I flat tow my Rubicon Jeep behind it but it doesn't put any tongue weight on the vehicle. My next choose is the Toyo Cross Country M/T's rated at at "E".

Thanks in advance for your input.

Funstini

Stock Wheels? 315 is a big jump in size unless you have a wider wheel. I would do E rated over D. I have BFG All Terrains E rated. They are ok tires (expensive), I'm sure there are better options. But I am happy I went E.
MwW

Yeah I'm thinking I'll probably go with the "E"s ............ you guys talked me into it. Even though there about $100 more a tire, it looks like the best bet. Did find a place on the East Coast that will ship them for free and no sales tax, that should help.

Thanks.

Funstini

Back
Top Bottom