Old batteries....what to do with them?

DavidGraves

Howdy

I keep it simple with a single AGM battery for our Hawk shell.

I just bought an electric boat that has 6-8 old Trojans....and a friend has his old off grid batteries....12 of them at 100 lbs. each.

I can probably find a recycle place but just wondered if there are a good ideas of how to get them gone.

David Graves

North Oregon Coast

Any auto parts storewill take them. You can probably find recycling places that may pay about 3 or 4 dollars a piece.

Batteries are the most recycled item, over 95% of each battery will get reused in some manor or another

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Wander The West mobile app

Howdy

Yup, I know I can turn them in at the local recycle......I wondered if there was anyone doing something imaginitive with the batteries..... bringing them back to life , etc, etc, building a barn foundation, etc.

Thanks All

David Graves

I sometimes use them for backup batteries for amateur radio or store them for a core to turn in when buying a battery for a new project where I don't already have a core to turn in. Saves some $. I've turned in several small batteries when buying a large battery. Store usually doesn't care as long as the several batteries are close to or over the weight of the new one,

Paul

Back
Top Bottom