On the spot cash offer for Hawk

Karlton

Howdy! We know there are long wait times for new FWCs and that a pre-owned in good condition can be a unicorn. However, I wasn't expecting to be offered over $22k cash for my 2017 Hawk while in a Home Depot parking lot. They guy was so serious he offered to hand me $1000 while he went and got a bank check. I've had others ask 'are you interested in selling?' but this fella was really serious. He said he has been looking for a year for a pre-owned Hawk. I bet I could break even on my purchase price in 2017, which is wild!

Cheers!

On Instagram Used FWC, I have found 2014-16 fully loaded Hawk front dinettes that sold for more than my 2014 fully loaded Grandby front dinette. I paid $25K which included Wisconsin tax, delivery, and install. It is an eye opener.

I'm betting I could get over $22k for my immaculate 2013 Hawk that we paid $18k. It has a 2-way refer, 160 watts solar, brand new 6 volt AGM batteries, Tri-metric battery monitor, etc....

I thought about it, but to order a new one with the same options would be over $30k!!

Over $30K and a 9 month wait I'll bet..... Any decent used camper is going to go quickly now. People are bored and want to get away and campers are hard to find. Supply and Demand :)

Demand and the price for new campers are what’s driving the used market.
‘The same for diesel pick up trucks. I can sell my 2016 F-350 for actually more than I paid for it but the new ones are 15K more than that!

When I ordered my 2021 Grandby in December 2020 the wait was already 52-56 weeks. I asked if I paid in full right now if we were able to compress the delivery time and I was politely told no which I respect.

Strange Times Indeed,

And not just for recreational items.

A nearby home to us, asking price $450K, sold in less than a week at $75K over asking.

Some locals think "Oh how wonderful ! "

To my point of view it means if we were to sell, we could never afford to buy back our own property....

The vagaries of the distribution of wealth in our world are hard to fathom.

I am so thankful to be of retirement age and out of that rat race.

David Graves

Oh, so that's the sequence in which that is supposed to happen! I always seem to get it bass-ackwards.

Back
Top Bottom