Oncoming Headlight Reflextions

If you have airbags you could try adjusting the rear hight to move the reflections off the windshield. I keep my Tacoma/Eagle pretty level and haven't noticed this although I don't drive much at night, but I do drive before dawn fairly often.

Perhaps mirrorized window tint on the cab's rear window?

OR do away with the rear view mirror entirely and in its place put a rear view monitor with a camera on the camper. System will always be live when the ignition is on. Since we can't see thru the camper anyway, that is my plan.

I have this issue as well. I do use my rear mirror. The problem is that the oncoming lights get reflected and it feels like a vehicle is failing to stop behind me. If you have ever been rear ended it triggers your PTSD (or probably not PTSD, but still). Since I was rear ended my on motorcycle years ago I am very sensitive to the idiots who are trying to run me over (everybody else on the road IS an idiot).

I do get used to it, but it is annoying - especially when I am tired, or in heavy rain/snow. Closing the blinds does nothing since the reflection is coming off the glass in front of the blinds.

Back
Top Bottom