Oregon Desert Guide

CraggyMan

Mr. Oregon Outback
My link

Andy Kerr's out of print Oregon Desert guidebook now available online. I have used this book for trip inspiration/leadership for a number of years now, think it came out in 2000 and out of print although a copy can be found at Amazon periodically.
Lots of info about the Oregon desert landscape, political issues affecting protection, a bit of humor sprinkled about and also some pointed jabs at some sacred cows.
Sometimes you have to read between the lines and some of his "hikes" are drive-able :rolleyes: But all in all the only real guide to Oregon's wild desert if you happen to be headed in that direction.

My link

Andy Kerr's out of print Oregon Desert guidebook now available online. I have used this book for trip inspiration/leadership for a number of years now, think it came out in 2000 and out of print although a copy can be found at Amazon periodically.
Lots of info about the Oregon desert landscape, political issues affecting protection, a bit of humor sprinkled about and also some pointed jabs at some sacred cows.
Sometimes you have to read between the lines and some of his "hikes" are drive-able :rolleyes: But all in all the only real guide to Oregon's wild desert if you happen to be headed in that direction.

Thanks craggy man, just bought it, as n/ca/nev type, who recently discovered Oregon and the Steens, i'm sure i'll use it on many "unstuck" adventures up north:)

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom