Oregon North Coast Camping

exmx_racer

Advanced Member
We are heading up to Whidbey Island again this summer along the Pacific Coast from San Francisco. (Thanks for all the ideas last summer).

I need to find a campsite along the northern Oregon coast between Tillamock and Astoria.

We stayed at Bar View Jetty County Park last summer which was OK but the fog horn drove us batty. We also stayed at Nehalem Bay State Park which was very nice. There are, however, 300 campsites and they are almost completely full already for Sept 1-3. Unbelieveable - still can't get use to not being able to just drive up and get a decent site.

Would appreciate any ideas - thanks!

We stayed at Ft. Stevens some years ago and it was quiet.We were in a tent at the time.
Another camp ground,but in Washington is Twin Harbors.In the Grays Harbor area.
There are two areas one is on the water side which we stayed at back in 1978 and enjoyed it.
Last time was in 2011 but the water side was closed due to military training.
Nice place though.A place closer to Whidbey is Kitsap Memorial SP right on the Hood Canal close to Port Gamble near the floating bridge.
Have a nice trip.Such a great area to visit.
Frank

I just thought of another spot, although it is across the river, and a bit east of the Astoria bridge. There is a Wahkiakum County park at the little town of Skamokowa. There is nice canoeing and kayaking there.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
I just thought of another spot, although it across the river, and a bit east of the Astoria bridge. There is a Wahkiakum County park at the little town of Skamokowa. There is nice canoeing and kayaking there.
+1. I live in Wahkiakum County and Vista Park is a little known gem.

Thanks for the great ideas. We are in Tahoe but will research these when we get home. Just saw a FWC Hawk in the CVS parking lot South Lake Tahoe.

Back
Top Bottom