Oregon Trails - June & July 2022

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Thanks Monte.I like the Lady's take on the situation of our country.
"We'll all be dead by the time it all really goes to ****"

Your idea to keep the stress at bay is a great one.
Nice that Steve and wife got to visit.

Did you stay at the Idlewild campground.We stayed there once on our return trip from Yellowstone in June 2010.

That Strawberry area sure is beautiful.

Nice looking fish.

As always enjoying your stories.

Frank

Tonight, I thought we were going to have to call 911 for The Bride and yers truly. We were trying mightily to hold back laughter regarding the story about Fritz, and dang near ruptured our faces. I’m certain it would have required emergency transport.

It’s much funnier to read about it than to experience the joy. Stepping in the fresh and smelly “dog bomb” contributed to my dismay.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Fritz, the ninety pounder, had jettisoned his morning kibbles all over the, thankfully covered, backseat. Other targets were hit as well.”

Welcome to Oregon. Love the note about the doctor's prescription. Certainly resonates with us.
Thanks for the details and photos. Sorry about the Bubba bunch.

Hi Monte ! thx for your kind words about meeting Helen and I. I later told helen we had met pop up camper royalty !! :)

Nice to see your pics of the upper river. its amazing how much water is coming out of that basin.
and was surprised to see you trying your hand fishing and wading. that water was COLD !!

its nice to read a post that i actually know the lay of the land. your nevada/cal posts are great, but i have not camped down there. yet !

greg

Part Three is now up. The link is in the opening post above. We hope you are all still enjoying this adventure! Part Four, that finishes up the trip will be up soon.

I got the job done. The tale is told. The links to all four parts are in the first post above. Thanks for your patience and for tagging along.

:)

Thank you Monte for all the great parts.
You saw a lot of great and beautiful country.

Some of that area we have at least driven through over the years.
It was very memorable to see again a few of those places.

Shame you didn't find your "Big Foot".

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your adventures.

That docs prescription sure worked out.Keep it around.

Frank

Our thanks to Mr 3pin and The Lady for giving us the opportunity to enjoy in person a small portion of their Oregon wanders, and of course for letting us tag along vicariously on this and all of their trips.

once again, amazing stories and pictures. Makes one want to head out camping right away! Does the [SIZE=10.5pt]prescription [/SIZE]expire?

Frank, thanks for all the kind comments! Yup, the first night we stayed at Idlewild Campground at Devine Summit on 395.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks Monte.I like the Lady's take on the situation of our country.
"We'll all be dead by the time it all really goes to ****"

Your idea to keep the stress at bay is a great one.
Nice that Steve and wife got to visit.

Did you stay at the Idlewild campground.We stayed there once on our return trip from Yellowstone in June 2010.

That Strawberry area sure is beautiful.

Nice looking fish.

As always enjoying your stories.

Frank

Thanks for part 2. That's very beautiful country you found.

The Fritz story is a hoot.
Frank

Thank you Monte for all the great parts.
You saw a lot of great and beautiful country.

Some of that area we have at least driven through over the years.
It was very memorable to see again a few of those places.

Shame you didn't find your "Big Foot".

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your adventures.

That docs prescription sure worked out.Keep it around.

Frank

Thanks Mr. Sage! And it was sure nice to spend time with you and the Bride. As I wrote the story of helping you two along the highway, I figured the tale already had enough "substance" so I didn't add the part about your misstep as Fritz continued his cleansing. We sure appreciate your kind comments and keep that spotting scope pointed at the Elkhorns. We want more mountain goat sightings. :)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Tonight, I thought we were going to have to call 911 for The Bride and yers truly. We were trying mightily to hold back laughter regarding the story about Fritz, and dang near ruptured our faces. I’m certain it would have required emergency transport.

It’s much funnier to read about it than to experience the joy. Stepping in the fresh and smelly “dog bomb” contributed to my dismay.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Fritz, the ninety pounder, had jettisoned his morning kibbles all over the, thankfully covered, backseat. Other targets were hit as well.”

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Our thanks to Mr 3pin and The Lady for giving us the opportunity to enjoy in person a small portion of their Oregon wanders, and of course for letting us tag along vicariously on this and all of their trips.

AWG_Pics said:
Welcome to Oregon. Love the note about the doctor's prescription. Certainly resonates with us.
Thanks for the details and photos. Sorry about the Bubba bunch.
Thanks for the welcome! One of the most important decisions we make is the choice of a good primary care physician. There are so many Bubbas out there. The best we can do, sometimes, is make fun of them.

goinoregon said:
Hi Monte ! thx for your kind words about meeting Helen and I. I later told helen we had met pop up camper royalty !! :)

Nice to see your pics of the upper river. its amazing how much water is coming out of that basin.
and was surprised to see you trying your hand fishing and wading. that water was COLD !!

its nice to read a post that i actually know the lay of the land. your nevada/cal posts are great, but i have not camped down there. yet !

greg
Greg and Helen, the pleasure was all ours! That's pretty nice country out there in Oregon and it's nice to see good folks getting out there to enjoy its uniqueness. I love ice cold water on the legs while fly fishing. I wish I had my wading staff along. I'm putting it in the truck now. :)

craig333 said:
Gorgeous country. Time to get out the maps again!
It sure was! But, you know, there's beautiful country all around us. Let's do our best to see it remains beautiful. Thanks for the comment Craig! Give Riley a pat for us.

Back
Top Bottom