Our new ATC camper

takesiteasy

Well, it has finally happened. Like so many here, it took us awhile but we are finally the proud owners of a new ATC custom camper. Here is a blog post with the details. It includes photos of the camper, the thinking behind it and a brief report of our trip home from California. Needless to say, we got a lot of help and ideas from reading WTW over the past year for which we are very grateful. We hope people benefit from our report as well. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Our new camper

Well, it has finally happened. Like so many here, it took us awhile but we are finally the proud owners of a new ATC custom camper. Here is a blog post with the details. It includes photos of the camper, the thinking behind it and a brief report of our trip home from California. Needless to say, we got a lot of help and ideas from reading WTW over the past year for which we are very grateful. We hope people benefit from our report as well. Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Our new camper

That is a well thought out and nice setup. You have given me some ideas as I am still in the planning stages. Seems like every time I read about somebody else's camper, I am taking notes to help in the eventual purchase of my camper. Looking forward to more updates with photos!

Congrats on the camper and retirement. Marty and crew are fantastic. The way they work with your suggestions, wants and ideas. Being a small shop they are able to accommodate our wishes most of the time. The camper looks great lots of thought went into your needs. Really like the idea of lowering the main part of the camper and adding more to the liner. When we changed trucks last Sept from a ford ranger to a 1st tundra we ended up with some of your finished ideas,lower overhang space to truck cab and the bobcat doesn't hang over the tundra sides or rear as much.
I like your storage ideas great job. Hope you get many miles of enjoyment out of the camper.
Frank

Congrats on your new camper. Happy retirement and best wishes for wonderful adventures!

Thanks ski3pin! I have enjoyed your blog a lot. Actually gave me the interest to try one. Hope to post more adventures like yours.

That is a well thought out and nice setup. You have given me some ideas as I am still in the planning stages. Seems like every time I read about somebody else's camper, I am taking notes to help in the eventual purchase of my camper. Looking forward to more updates with photos!

I know the feeling! Good luck with your design process.

Looks like you really thought it out - looks good!

Thanks DirtyDog, I enjoyed reading about your camper. Considered a flatbed for a while but economics precluded it. I did get in the exterior storage though!

Congrats on the camper and retirement. Marty and crew are fantastic. The way they work with your suggestions, wants and ideas. Being a small shop they are able to accommodate our wishes most of the time. The camper looks great lots of thought went into your needs. Really like the idea of lowering the main part of the camper and adding more to the liner. When we changed trucks last Sept from a ford ranger to a 1st tundra we ended up with some of your finished ideas,lower overhang space to truck cab and the bobcat doesn't hang over the tundra sides or rear as much.
I like your storage ideas great job. Hope you get many miles of enjoyment out of the camper.
Frank

Thanks Frank.

All: sorry for the multiple posts- I haven't figured out the multi-quote thing yet. I did want to respond to people's comments.

Nice Camper and Nice blog. I have bookmarked you blog, looking forward to the trip reports.

Bill
bill-veronica.blogspot.com

All: sorry for the multiple posts- I haven't figured out the multi-quote thing yet. I did want to respond to people's comments.

Welcome to the pop-up camper world and congrats on your innovation!
smile.gif

By the way: Nothing wrong with multiple posts...but if you want to do the multi-quote thing, here's how (I only recently figured it out myself):

• Click on the
    multiquote.jpg
    button at the bottom right of each post you want to quote in your response.
    Those buttons you've selected will change color and then look like this:
    multiquote_on.jpg
  • Then, click on the
    add_reply.jpg
    button at the top or bottom of the page (not the Reply button on an individual post).
  • The "Replying to..." dialog/window will show up and include as quotes all the posts you selected.

Nice Camper and Nice blog. I have bookmarked you blog, looking forward to the trip reports.

Bill
bill-veronica.blogspot.com

Bill- that's quite a trip you guys did. I'll have to check out the Road Trip USA book. Thanks.

Welcome to the pop-up camper world and congrats on your innovation!
smile.gif

By the way: Nothing wrong with multiple posts...but if you want to do the multi-quote thing, here's how (I only recently figured it out myself):

Mark, thanks for the tutorial! I knew there was a secret, just couldn't figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom