Our Winter Break Trip 2018 - Nevada & Arizona

Enjoyed reading about Kofa, I was up Kofa Queen Canyon for three nights over New Year's and ran into member DaveL and his wife on the way in.

Great report. Yet another spot to put on the bucket list. I have to admit I want to visit quartsite. Kind of like why I'd like to attend burning man. Not to participate to but check out the spectacle.

Morning ski
From the mega Walmart Kamart, and the few mom and Pop’s drinking kool aid in snowbirds heaven. Did y’all by chance get to visit the lost city museum in Overton while you were in our neck of the woods.
Thanks for the TR still working my way thru them.
Happy New Year don’t let moss grow under those wheels.

Russ

Cayuse said:
Enjoyed reading about Kofa, I was up Kofa Queen Canyon for three nights over New Year's and ran into member DaveL and his wife on the way in.
Thanks Cayuse! You will enjoy the upcoming Part Four. :)

craig333 said:
Great report. Yet another spot to put on the bucket list. I have to admit I want to visit quartsite. Kind of like why I'd like to attend burning man. Not to participate to but check out the spectacle.
Thanks Craig! Quartzsite awaits you! :)

CougarCouple said:
Morning ski
From the mega Walmart Kamart, and the few mom and Pop’s drinking kool aid in snowbirds heaven. Did y’all by chance get to visit the lost city museum in Overton while you were in our neck of the woods.
Thanks for the TR still working my way thru them.
Happy New Year don’t let moss grow under those wheels.

Russ
Hey Russ, thanks!

Have you been up to the mother ship? Nice, comfortable accommodations? :)

We've never stopped at the museum. We've always been on our way somewhere when going through Overton. Linn's Market has good homemade salsa.

ski3pin said:
Hey Russ, thanks!
<snip>

Linn's Market has good homemade salsa.
Plus one!!! Very good homemade salsa suave...

Russ is the Lost City Museum worth it? I see it everytime we go by, but haven't stopped.

I would definitely say yes WS
Small mom and pop type museum. Bet y’all didn’t know that area was under water. What about Rogers spring did y’all check that out I’ll try post a photo when I get off the mother ship.

Russ

Just catching up with Part I

What a Christmas gift, having all the boys come into your camp.
Congrats to the Lady for nailing the shot, while you stayed on pancake patrol.

Wow-you guys go to more places I've never been before!! Neat running into Steve and his bride out there!Took me a while to work my way through this, but well worth it.Thanks for taking us along and the rock art and real sheep were a trip. Hey-ain't retirement grand with no Mondays!

Smoke

Glad you enjoyed Kofa! I spent my last trip there not too far from Skull Rock, since I was going to be there for several nights I didn't want to have people coming through camp all the time as they visited. And you're spot on, there is a ton to explore in the area.

longhorn1 said:
Great TR. Another fun trip. Love the big Horn sheep. Thanks for sharing. jd
Thanks John! We appreciate your nice comment. We hope you also enjoy the new parts we've posted. :)

CougarCouple said:
I would definitely say yes WS
Small mom and pop type museum. Bet y’all didn’t know that area was under water. What about Rogers spring did y’all check that out I’ll try post a photo when I get off the mother ship.

Russ
The musuem, Rogers Spring, and Blue Point Spring are all reasons to return! :)

Lighthawk said:
Just catching up with Part I

What a Christmas gift, having all the boys come into your camp.
Congrats to the Lady for nailing the shot, while you stayed on pancake patrol.
Thanks Lighthawk! Julie did a great job with her boys. :)

Smokecreek1 said:
Wow-you guys go to more places I've never been before!! Neat running into Steve and his bride out there!Took me a while to work my way through this, but well worth it.Thanks for taking us along and the rock art and real sheep were a trip. Hey-ain't retirement grand with no Mondays!

Smoke
The Lady is loving retirement. Maybe I should retire also? Thanks for the nice comments, Smoke! :)

Cayuse said:
Glad you enjoyed Kofa! I spent my last trip there not too far from Skull Rock, since I was going to be there for several nights I didn't want to have people coming through camp all the time as they visited. And you're spot on, there is a ton to explore in the area.
We only had one couple with a child - they were camped below before the canyon - come by to see the skull. There were two large 4x4 rigs full of people driving out as we arrived. They turned out to be deer hunters.

Back
Top Bottom