Outdoor camping table? Suggestions/Recommendations?

I purchased an Alps roll up table many moons ago. Not super stable and I broke one of the plastic nibs that holds it together. I will still take it on trips if I plan to use more table space.

Picked up a Snow Peak IGT and their little side table. Made my own table inserts for the IGT and it works great. If they weren't so durn hard to get your hands on, I would strongly recommend them.

This one comes on all trips. I'm not a fan of the roll up tables but they do save space. Another folding table comes along if I think I'll need more space.

Just got the Alps Mountaineering Guide Table for multiple use surface outdoors. On special for $69 from CampSaver. A quite heavy at 24 lbs, but well made, adapts to uneven surfaces, adjusts in height from 30"-42", and easy to clean, totally weatherproof top unlike all the pressboard types. Enough length for cooking, prep, etc all at once. Stores in a tidy package...

https://goo.gl/photos/gw2tZyVHdqm2bwHh6

I was searching for a table that wasn't wobbly. The one I found is reasonably lightweight, stores flat, and has telescoping legs for just the right height for what I need.
I'm not sure where I bought this (Costco?), but it was a nice surprise when I discovered that, when flat, it fit perfectly atop the wheel well risers inside my ATC Bobcat (4 feet).
Makes for a nice platform when traveling - storage boxes under, blankets etc on top...

Gussie said:
I was searching for a table that wasn't wobbly. The one I found is reasonably lightweight, stores flat, and has telescoping legs for just the right height for what I need.
I'm not sure where I bought this (Costco?), but it was a nice surprise when I discovered that, when flat, it fit perfectly atop the wheel well risers inside my ATC Bobcat (4 feet).
Makes for a nice platform when traveling - storage boxes under, blankets etc on top...
Sure looks like the ones Costco sells. Very sturdy!

I still love my ironing board. It is only 9 pounds, and those Costco 4 footers are more like 20. It fits in the aisle with my couch, and works fairly well outside when necessary. Fits in the space between my propane cabinet and the back wall. May not work for everyone, but is a real winner for me. I travel alone, so it isn't like I want one for sitting around with people.

Death Valley 2016 by Sierra Shadow2009, on Flickr

Death Valley 2016 by Sierra Shadow2009, on Flickr

Untitled by Sierra Shadow2009, on Flickr

Hi Beseek
Was thinking might be wobbly, I see how you have it wedged under the camper. Nice, and can be used a a variety of heights.
Russ

Typical woman using something cheap, purposeful, simple, and humble. Doesn't she get that we like to buy stuff? Lol!

Great posts. From them I decided I needed a table and found the Alps guide on Amazon for $69 and free delivery to my door. I recently gave away a suitcase Coleman kitchen set up like on post #11. Worked well for years but my new rig has different needs.

2thdr said:
Typical woman using something cheap, purposeful, simple, and humble. Doesn't she get that we like to buy stuff? Lol!
I recently concluded, if boats are holes in the water to throw money into, RV’s are sinkholes.

Ouch Sourdough
First time we ever used the table Marty made. You might see the grill on it in front of the rear wheel. Kelso dunes yesterday. Worked ok good height, was inexpensive, or way over priced. Guess it depends on how you look at it.
Russ

Attachments

• IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 266
We used our Alps alum. table for our month in Baja. Great little table. No issues but we'll see how long the plastic hold inserts last, etc.

Wow Amazon is fast, got the Alps yesterday by noon.
My review of the Aps Guide table..... Not made to last. Made in China and is the quality of those sun canopy things, questionable value even at $69. Something Harbor Freight would sell for $39. The table top covering is cheap chinese vinyl which holds together the folding table top. Poor quality plactic too, brittle and will break over time. Oh, and I was thinking the legs would be individually adjustable for un-even terrain, they are not. Only adjust to two heights 30"/42”. And it is a heavy, bulky package and fiddly to assemble. If I can’t find a good place to store it inside the coach, that will be the last straw.

CougarCouple said:
Ouch Sourdough
First time we ever used the table Marty made. You might see the grill on it in front of the rear wheel. Kelso dunes yesterday. Worked ok good height, was inexpensive, or way over priced. Guess it depends on how you look at it.
Russ
Sorry, meant nothing personal.

Hi sourdough
Didn't take it that way, I've herd that saying before. Sometimes I think I should be more careful, as my humor does not seem to come across the keyboard as how it strikes me. I was thinking since we had it was inexpensive, but had to buy the camper for the inexpensive table.
:) I did not take what you said personally.
Russ

fireball said:
I've seen some photos of people mounting a bigger, nice table to the underside of the over-cab portion of the camper, in the gap b/w the overcab and the roof of the truck. Seems like a neat idea. We have had two of the small cheapy tables and find them frustrating to use.
Looking for info on the tables mounted under the overhead on Z-brackets

Same here, MattC. Looking for more info or pictures on how to mount under the overhead. Preferably with one of these rafting outfitter tables. Ideas for hardware and mounting to reduce vibration and to simplify the table's stowing and removal. I have always used roll-a-tables but they are too low for cutting vegetables/doing dishes and the top can melt.

http://cascaderivergear.com/shop/16-x-68-cambridge-table-finished-wood-top/
0220-S4_detail3-258x258.jpg
0220-S4-258x258.jpg

TundraHawk said:
Same here, MattC. Looking for more info or pictures on how to mount under the overhead. Preferably with one of these rafting outfitter tables. Ideas for hardware and mounting to reduce vibration and to simplify the table's stowing and removal. I have always used roll-a-tables but they are too low for cutting vegetables/doing dishes and the top can melt.

http://cascaderivergear.com/shop/16-x-68-cambridge-table-finished-wood-top/
0220-S4_detail3-258x258.jpg
0220-S4-258x258.jpg
$310 no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom