Outside shower fixture developed a slow leak

Advmoto18

On our month long trip to northern NM and southern CO last month, i noted the shower fixture had developed a very slow leak where the SS quick release coupling threads onto the male plastic tube. I applied some Teflon tape, but, leak remained. I should state, that I completely drained the water system before the first freeze last winter.

Upon returning home, I removed the silver ware drawer to gain access to the hose lines. I removed the lines and removed the big plastic flange nuts holding the valve assembly into the fixture housing on the exterior of the camper.

Upon examination, I discovered a thin crack on one side and a star shaped cracks on the other side eminating out from the point where the clear plastic tubing was released from the mold.

My only thought is that some water remained in this area over the winter, froze, and exerted pressure on the clear tubing, cracking it. In the future, when I winterize the water system, in addition to opening the shower valves, I will remove the shower's water supply lines on the inside camper. Hopefully, this should allow complete draining of the shower fixture.

Unfortunately, rather than simply ordering a fixture, the entire fixture and housing must be ordered from dwincorp.com for the tidy sum of $45 plus shipping.

2016_08_03_12_22_35.jpg

2016_08_03_12_31_10.jpg

Google rv exterior shower. I found my entire box for $35 plus shipping. The faucet should be less.

I always forgot about draining this over winter and I won't forget this year. Thanks for the heads up.

Back
Top Bottom