Oven options

Don't know anyone that's installed an oven, but a few of us have installed a microwave.

Attachments

• camper micro.jpg
    camper micro.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 132
I did both a Microwave and a Toaster Oven. I used a Honda 2000 generator and could only have one of them ON at a time.

Showing the tambor door.

gallery_2702_1169_42181.jpg

Fully open.

gallery_2702_1169_33101.jpg

Door open.

gallery_2702_1169_73980.jpg

We could do everything that can be done at home in the kitchen; cookies, baked potatoes, muffins, bread, prime rib roasts, everything.

The generator would be at higher rpm's until the oven arrived at the desired temperature, then would go to idle and only come back up in rpms when it needed to keep the desired temperature. And, we could turn off the generator after about 80% of the cooking time and the heat inside the toaster oven would do the "carry over" thing. This specific toaster oven was remarkably cool to the touch on the outside, not all toaster ovens are that way.

I've since re-done the interior and eliminated the microwave and the toaster oven as we no longer camp with the Honda 2000 generator. Sort of miss the oven, but not the microwave or the generator.

The next camper may have a propane stove top with a propane oven right below, like in a class "C" RV.

I really wanted an oven in my new flatbed Grandby build. But the logistics of adding it defeated me.

So we'll fall back on two options from my whitewater rafting years. One is the venerable Coleman camp oven. And the other is an even older well-seasoned Dutch oven in the campfire! (Sioux says charcoal briquettes are cheating! :)

I have the Q 1200 in the RV...great BBQ! I’ve thought about the 1000, without side tables for offroad adventures. Same size cooking area which is almost too big to store. I also have the smaller foldable table top BBQ. Works OK but smaller package. If you have the room you can’t go wrong with the Q.

Guy out in death valley make cinnamon buns on/in a propane oven. They where awesome

We considered the oven option in our Tiger but did not like how much storage space it took up. Have a Coleman stove top oven but it really wasn't very good. Got the Omnia stove top oven and like it a lot. Very popular with yacht owners and RVers. Use it on our camper stove and outdoor stove. And there is a Omnia Owners Facebook group with lots of photos and recipes. Pizzas, Calzones, lasagna, frittatas, pies, roasted veggies, and on and on.

We also carry the Webber Q, but that is more of a BBQ, not stove as the OP mentioned.

We've used a cast iron dutch over for years rafting down the Grand Canyon, etc. Carried it for a long time in our FWC too. Then switched to a folding Coleman but am now with the Omnia.

Bear in mind the FWC stove (at least in the 2018 models) only puts out 6500 BTU's and the Omnia instructions call for 9000 minimum. Still does OK just needs more time.

Be sure to get the silicone muffin cups and the silicone liners.

Back
Top Bottom