Overland expo and Beyond

Thanks Bob,
I also got Marc's email and forwarded the info to the guy that is interested. I believe he's Grand Canyon rafter so maybe he can hook up to see the unit when you guys head back to California. Good luck.

Here's a couple more pics from OE.
1. Jay in his "Official Overland Expo" Pith Helmet.
2. Some of the gang in attendance: Left to right: Ted, Jay, SimiMike, Steve and Marc.

(Wish i knew how to embed)

Now, that is one sweet pith helmet! Where did you find that?

-Safari Gear Wanabe

Thanks Bob,
I also got Marc's email and forwarded the info to the guy that is interested. I believe he's Grand Canyon rafter so maybe he can hook up to see the unit when you guys head back to California. Good luck.

I got home last night, think Marc is still on the road somewhere....

Dylan sends kisses to Donna.

Donna says, "Awww, tell Dylan I'm sending him a big belly rub."
And tell Dylan I said no more bait!

Brett, thanks for the comment. Simply holding viewing glasses over the lens of a point and shoot. Steadied it on a sign post. Took about five shots and that one had the least movement.

That is a great shot! Jay, with the ATC in this shot it should become your new official portrait.

Donna says, "Awww, tell Dylan I'm sending him a big belly rub."
And tell Dylan I said no more bait!

Brett, thanks for the comment. Simply holding viewing glasses over the lens of a point and shoot. Steadied it on a sign post. Took about five shots and that one had the least movement.

That is a great shot! Jay, with the ATC in this shot it should become your new official portrait.

I tried to make it my new avatar. It took when I used Firefox but when I reopened it stayed with the old one. I have had this same problem since I've been a member.

I see the old one when I'm not logged in but the new one when I am. :unsure:

Jay has super powers so only logged in members can see.

I tried to make it my new avatar. It took when I used Firefox but when I reopened it stayed with the old one. I have had this same problem since I've been a member.

It's cached. You need to clear your cache and the new one will load.

It's cached. You need to clear your cache and the new one will load.

Brett,

How do I do that on this f###ing Mac? You guys can see me but I still can't except on Firefox.

Toni rides shotgun with Bob
gallery_2406_125_144223.jpg

to take this pic
gallery_2406_116_37596.jpg

Thanks Bob!!

This was the best EXPO ever. XPCamper had a great show. The 1st Expo had about 400-500 visitors AFAIK, this one had close to 6000 from what I heard.

After the EXPO we headed to Valley of the God's for an after party and some photo opportunities. Thanks to Jim McCoy who pointed us to the top of the world, we had an XP after party. It was a blast, and Gandolph made a batch of his pasta carbonara along with a Lemon/EVOO tossed salad. in Viv's kitchen Aussie style.
( http://www.guidebooks.com.au/South%20America%20Overland/index%20South%20America%20overland.htm ) I really liked the pull out kitchen for this application.
We had 13 people and lots of fun. Soon after a bottle of Gold Tequila was killed,courtesy of Bob, who saved me the last of hid Gentleman's jack :) , we ended up with more bottles opened and had a great time sharing stories.
Tim, and EMT from NEW York had to intervene and we all had to get an injection to keep save!Glad we had an EMT on this trip with us.
Ron and Viv Moon, along with Neil and Helen Cocks (who will have the 1st XP in Australia)had some great stuff to say.
Those 2 couples traveled the world in their two rigs.

I'll post more pics later.

Attachments

• EXPO 067 (1024x768).jpg
    EXPO 067 (1024x768).jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 132
This was the best EXPO ever. XPCamper had a great show. The 1st Expo had about 400-500 visitors AFAIK, this one had close to 6000 from what I heard.

After the EXPO we headed to Valley of the God's for an after party and some photo opportunities. Thanks to Jim McCoy who pointed us to the top of the world, we had an XP after party. It was a blast, and Gandolph made a batch of his pasta carbonara along with a Lemon/EVOO tossed salad. in Viv's kitchen Aussie style. I really liked the pull out kitchen for this application.
We had 13 people and lots of fun. Soon after a bottle of Gold Tequila was killed,courtesy of Bob, who saved me the last of hid Gentleman's jack :) , we ended up with more bottles opened and had a great time sharing stories.
Tim, and EMT from NEW York had to intervene and we all had to get an injection to keep save!Glad we had an EMT on this trip with us.
Ron and Viv Moon, along with Neil and Helen Cocks (who will have the 1st XP in Australia)had some great stuff to say.
Those 2 couples traveled the world in their two rigs.

I'll post more pics later.

Sounds awesome, except for that picture of Stranahan's Colorado Whisky. That stuff is turpentine! Excellent marketing, crappy product. Try some Leopold Brothers small batch whisky from Denver. That, my friend, is good whisky! (It is properly aged, not simply warehoused for 6 months like Stranahan's). Then use any leftover Stranahan's for cleaning bugs off the truck. :D

Sounds awesome, except for that picture of Stranahan's Colorado Whisky. That stuff is turpentine! Excellent marketing, crappy product. Try some Leopold Brothers small batch whisky from Denver. That, my friend, is good whisky! (It is properly aged, not simply warehoused for 6 months like Stranahan's). Then use any leftover Stranahan's for cleaning bugs off the truck. :D

I though that Whiskey was pretty good. I never had it and some one in the party brought it out. Next time when i go to Denver i will try your recommendation.

Though I'd add a couple of photos. One of the OX from the roof of my XPCamper. And two at Muley Point after the OX. I'd like to add what a great time I had working with Marc and meeting so many people in the overland community.

Attachments

• Mulie Point 2012.JPG
    Mulie Point 2012.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 154
  • OX 2012 014.JPG
    OX 2012 014.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 168
  • Sun set at Mulie Point.JPG
    Sun set at Mulie Point.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom