Overland expo and Beyond

Cool, made it as one of the 14!!!
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/shows/14-extreme-campers-built-for-off-roading?fb_comment_id=fbc_10150797668866920_21437184_10150799083706920#slide-13

Good to see you out enjoying the new rig Mike. Congrats, looks awesome!

Thanks Suny. The more time I spend in this camper the more I love it. Two weeks so far and counting.

Mike

Good to see you out enjoying the new rig Mike. Congrats, looks awesome!

Yes, very cool looking camper, Mike. Will you still hang out with us lowly ATC and FWD owners? Or have you moved above and beyond?

Great photos, too! Keep them coming.

Camp Ground above Valley of the gods, after EXPO trip...

gallery_2406_116_14962.jpg

Yes, very cool looking camper, Mike. Will you still hang out with us lowly ATC and FWD owners? Or have you moved above and beyond?

Great photos, too! Keep them coming.

Thanks Stew, I'll still hang out with with the usual suspects. I may have to get a doorman and a velvet rope though. :rolleyes:
Here's some pics of the OX12 from the roof hatch of my camper. Roof top tents were very well represented at the Expo.

Attachments

• OX 2012 014.JPG
    OX 2012 014.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 143
  • OX 2012.JPG
    OX 2012.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 139
Sounds awesome, except for that picture of Stranahan's Colorado Whisky. That stuff is turpentine! Excellent marketing, crappy product. Try some Leopold Brothers small batch whisky from Denver. That, my friend, is good whisky! (It is properly aged, not simply warehoused for 6 months like Stranahan's). Then use any leftover Stranahan's for cleaning bugs off the truck. :D

I've had it a number of years back, I think it started off better and might be going downhill with increased sales.

Thanks Stew, I'll still hang out with with the usual suspects. I may have to get a doorman and a velvet rope though. :rolleyes:
Here's some pics of the OX12 from the roof hatch of my camper. Roof top tents were very well represented at the Expo.

Wow, Mike, it looks pretty urban there at OX12!

Wow, Mike, it looks pretty urban there at OX12!

Urban wasn't the word for it. it was a madhouse. By the end of the first day, I'd had enough. The only reason I stayed any longer was to join Marc, and Marc, Mike, and the rest of the gang on further journeys after OX.
This was my second OX and for sure, my last.

Like Bob one night was enough. I would have left Friday AM but my brother in-law was going to be there. As it was I left Saturday. Maybe if your into the classes and presentations it would be OK.

I did get a great hat thanks to Bob. And met some great WTWers

I have to agree with chnlisle, meeting the great people at the OX was the highlight of the event. It was a bit urban but the location of the XPCamper exhibit was a little more relaxed. Here's another view that more captures the vibe.

Attachments

• OX 2012   Exhibators.JPG
    OX 2012 Exhibators.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 153
Back
Top Bottom