Overland Report on FWC Display

97grandby

Hi All,

Just got back from a fun trip to Flagstaff, AZ and meeting with the guys at 4WC's and see all the fun toys that are available to camping guys like us. Four wheel didn't have much of anything new and front page worthy, just their small interior changes they make from year to year. Had a good chat with Stan and Mike Olds and seems like things are going well and the new owners are still working on getting things more effenincent and cleaning out the warehouse. Lots of other toys were available to view as well. Lots of overland trailers and roof top tents that seem to be a lot of work and not nearly as nice as a truck camper that has been around ever since their have been trucks. Anyone else at the show find anything new and exciting?

Unfortunately wasn't able to make the trip. Any pictures to post showing the sights?

Don

-

Hope the weather was better than a couple years ago....I'm still finding that slimy mud on my stuff!

SjmCKjr.jpg

It was not at Mormon lake but at the fair grounds right near town. No mud and the venders were much closer together. Only down side is all the motorcycle stuff was a nice little hike away from the rest of it. Hallmark Alaskan and of course fwc where there. Lots of roof top tent folks but I've never seen the upside to those. Was fun to meet Brian with Alaskan campers and look around his two that he brought out. Always a really fun trip.

BrianG said:
Is Mike Olds back at FWC?
he was at the booth with a fwc badge on so I'm going to say yes. At least I'm pretty sure it was him. I was chasing a 7 year old down and eating their breakfast burritos so I can't say for 100% but sure looked like him.

IMG_0224.JPGIMG_0215.JPG

A few pics. The last is my dog resting after a second or third round trip from camping to the exhibitors... it was a hike there and back.

I was there, my first time. It was a lot of fun. I hung around the FWC area some. They were very friendly and gave us dinner. Walking around the camping area and looking at all the rigs was a hoot. Just about every possible means of camping with a vehicle was there somewhere. A lot of clever rigs and modifications. FWCs like mine were a dime a dozen, but even mine drew a little attention. Everyone was super friendly. If you've never been to Overland Expo, I would recomend going.

Back
Top Bottom