Picking Up Hawk...Advice On Delivery?

idahoron said:
I know one side is left hand. I think they are a standard 3/8 nut. I think all I have is the standard thread on mine. I have only one jam nut per turnbuckle I think. Mine has never loosened up since then.
Exactly right. Get a nylock wingnut for the standard right hand thread (righty-tighty . . . ) and that will freeze rotation on the turnbuckle. I wear nitrile gloves when reaching through the access ports to give me a good grip, then give another half turn using a lever, jammed in the turnbuckle body. After I've tensioned the turnbuckle, I cinch the nylock wingnut tight with finger pressure. I still check them from time to time to be sure.

Lighthawk said:
Exactly right. Get a nylock wingnut for the standard right hand thread (righty-tighty . . . ) and that will freeze rotation on the turnbuckle. I wear nitrile gloves when reaching through the access ports to give me a good grip, then give another half turn using a lever, jammed in the turnbuckle body. After I've tensioned the turnbuckle, I cinch the nylock wingnut tight with finger pressure. I still check them from time to time to be sure.
x2

3/8 x 16 right hand thread

Back
Top Bottom