Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words?

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
If that is true, here are around 5000 words worth.

gallery_1902_252_124014.jpg

gallery_1902_252_75990.jpg

gallery_1902_252_101660.jpg

gallery_1902_252_136455.jpg

gallery_1902_252_51715.jpg

What do you think?

Attachments

• Bridger-Teton Food Storeage Regulations.pdf
    519.5 KB · Views: 326
We left an empty propane cylinder out on our picnic table at Teton NP while we were out sightseeing and returned to find it in the site's bear box (with our other stuff) and a note about putting stuff away. At Yellowstone the CGs we were in had one bear box for every 20 spaces maybe. Some places take things a lot more serious than others.

Those folks are much smarter than they first appear. Bears are all raging alcoholics and will go for the booze first and become so drunk that they will ignore the rest of the goodies. Nice decoy work. :D

Alan

First thing that I noticed was the camp axe sunk into the wood table. The rest of it was fairly predictable after that.

unfortunately, there have been many bears removed (read killed) due to habituation to food over the last few years. And Wyoming is removing a fair number of grizzlies from the Wind River Range for stock depredation. Lot's of education and issues to resolve. Nice post though!

Taku said:
unfortunately, there have been many bears removed (read killed) due to habituation to food over the last few years. And Wyoming is removing a fair number of grizzlies from the Wind River Range for stock depredation. Lot's of education and issues to resolve. Nice post though!
A fed bear is a dead bear as the poster says.

In our neck of the woods, a couple of years ago a family left their cooler out disregarding all the posted requirements. Every campsite had a new bear box. A black bear took procession of the cooler during the night and woke the family and other campers. The owner wanted it back and was going to take it back, exiting the tent with a handgun. The bear said no, removing the handgun with a paw swipe. The handgun discharged in the crowded campground. The guy got a couple swipes across the face (36 stitches) and the bear left. I thought the guy should have been cited for improper food storage and reckless use of a firearm. The authorities thought he had suffered enough with his wounds and was not charged. The bear was killed. This is why scenes shown in these photos raise my hackles so much.

I like the cot next to table and VO-excellent use of Darwins "survival of the fittest" (e.g., drink the VO, pass out and fall onto the cot, and provide the bears with a nice midnight snack). Unfortunately, most bears have more pride than that , and would rather have a drink than eat garbage! Maybe we should leave a couple of campgrounds unsigned and let nature take its course!

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom