Please forgive me

BobM

After 8 years of being a loyal Four Wheel Raven camper owner I decided to go over to the dark side and bought a new class b van conversion. For the time being we're keeping the Raven just in case we want to venture off road since my truck is still my daily driver. As we get older we realized we were ready for the creature comforts a self contained van. I'm sure I will eventually post my Raven for sale on this forum, but I'm in no hurry. The van is the new 2021 Pleasureway Ontour 2.0 with the new Ford transit chassis.

You're forgiven. I'm sure some day I'll be posting about my new trailer. Hopefully not for many years yet :)

I went from a Tundra and Hawk to a Lance 650 and Ram. Love the bathroom and room. Don't miss the lack of amenities in the FWC. Still boondock practically every place we went with the FWC. Have to watch for height at times.

dorocks said:
I went from a Tundra and Hawk to a Lance 650 and Ram. Love the bathroom and room. Don't miss the lack of amenities in the FWC. Still boondock practically every place we went with the FWC. Have to watch for height at times.
This is my new rig, still have the FWC Raven. I wonder what my fully loaded 2012 Raven would sell for. 20200724_213637.jpeg

Hi Bob. Thanks for sharing buying the Model B.

We are just about there too. Last year it was my shoulder. This year Sciatica - 9 weeks now. Haven't camped since the Hot Springs in February, and I'm getting too old to do that . Did not have much fun, hanging out with folks 20 years younger. Pooped and in bed by 7:30pm. Didn't attend any of the potlucks.

Thinking about selling it next year and either buying a new one like you have or an old (10-15 year old) camper van as a project. A bed in the back. Storage under. Cabinet with sink and storage. Place for my portable fridge and porta potty. small table. 2 captains chairs. Roof solar.
Still need a truck or van to transport the planes. Take care. See you out there.

Nik I love your garage. Haven't had one of those in over 23 years.
Garages around here with houses attached cost $550K and up and still don't have that much room in them.

Just my 2 cents. Keep your FWC if you can afford it. You will be somewhat limited to camping at campgrounds with that new rig and sooner or later you will want to go places the PW won't go. I have more rigs than two: a VW Westy when I go by myself; a FWC Grandby on a 3/4 ton for Baja or serious desert camping; an '06 PW Excell class B that my wife bought for doing her own trips; a 17' Casita trailer which I prefer when we are doing road trips together. Only problem is getting enough time in each. Life is too short, especially with the new covid restrictions.

Hello, Bob. Call me biased, but I think you should sell that fine pop-up camper to me! It would get lots of love.

k_kaufman said:
Hello, Bob. Call me biased, but I think you should sell that fine pop-up camper to me! It would get lots of love.
I haven't logged on to WTW in awhile. So far I'm hanging on to it since it's in perfect shape and like Rich said, I may some day want to go off road. I have a feeling that depreciation would make me sell it for much cheaper than I paid.

BobM said:
I haven't logged on to WTW in awhile. So far I'm hanging on to it since it's in perfect shape and like Rich said, I may some day want to go off road. I have a feeling that depreciation would make me sell it for much cheaper than I paid.
You might be surprised to find how well FWCs are retaining their value. If they're clean and well kept they are getting snatched up quickly. Especially the Raven model b/c it fits an F150 short bed and not many others do as well.

Bob we are headed in the Class B direction. In TX and have one more trip back here in Nov to Feb. When I get back my Tundra and Hawk will be up for sale. Looking at several Class B's now lots of choices.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom