Plywood pad behind front rubber bumpers ? 2012 HAWK

DavidGraves

Howdy

My 2012 Hawk has a plywood pad under either front bumper....something I assumed a PO had added.

I just saw the same arrangement on a much newer Hawk advirtised on CL.???

Is this arrangement installed on your camper ?

The 3/4" plywood pad builds bumper depth out to 2 3/4".

I want to remove but wonder if the factory builds it this way ?

David Graves

You just need a small gap between the top front of the truck bed and the camper, so there is no "wear" on the camper.

That dimension could be different for different makes/models of trucks, depending on how much the top front of the truck bed sticks aft of the actual truck bed at the cargo box bottom. Look closely and you'll see what I mean.

Alley Kat

Thanks....I understand completly the function of the rubber pads.

I am trying to learn if the factory puts plywood between the camper body and rubber bumper on most or all Hawks .

Perhaps it is a last minute mod when needed per install ?

Thanks for the reply.

David

I just thought it prudent to contact THE authority on this matter, as waiting for an FWC Hawk owner on WTW to say what was on their Hawk would only be one point of information among many possibilities. And, how many Hawk owners would see that question, and take the time to answer.

The FWC folks are easy to deal with, will answer all questions, even if the question comes from a person that didn't originally purchase the Hawk from the factory. Stan is good at answering these kinds of questions and is happy to do so.

I would guess that David has it right... "Perhaps it is a last minute mod when needed per install ?" And, the factory would know.

Back
Top Bottom