Point Reyes & Bodega Bay - December 2016

Your report brought back memories of a trip to Point Reyes with my daughter years too many years ago. We stayed in a small cabin in Point Reyes Station and enjoyed a great hike with the elk on Point Reyes. We had dinner in town but I can't remember where. The "Buster" story reminded me of a certain cat lady we encountered on our trip around Lake Superior a while back- not a good memory, haha. Thanks for the memories. :)

Thanks for the report. I'm planning a trip to Bodega and environs just after the New Year to recover from family holidays. I really like it this time of year (mostly--when the weather isn't too grim--) when it's less crowded. Westside can get a bit crazy--I've had better luck with Bodega Dunes. At least there are sites with more space around them.

Thanks everyone! We are happy to bring back memories of your visits, that's one of the perks of sharing. Frank, the Lady does not like the closed in feeling of Sam Taylor although it is a convenient location. Liz, Bodega Dunes is our first choice but it is always fully reserved when our sudden urge to visit pops up. Perhaps in the near future when midweek visits are possible for us?

ski3pin said:
Thanks everyone! We are happy to bring back memories of your visits, that's one of the perks of sharing. Frank, the Lady does not like the closed in feeling of Sam Taylor although it is a convenient location. Liz, Bodega Dunes is our first choice but it is always fully reserved when our sudden urge to visit pops up. Perhaps in the near future when midweek visits are possible for us?
I understand her feeling about SPT,but it's the closest/only spot to Pt.Reyes.
We have been there several times and out sites had some nice space around them.We don't spend much time there it's just a convenient place to stay.
It's nice the elk.
Happy Holidays.
Frank

Ski, Thanks for posting. We traveled that road in 2007, staying at a small bed and breakfast along 101 owned and operated by an Austrian Couple (Sonoma Coast Villa & Spa). Sunset dinners over looking the bay. This of course was 7 years before the camper. We explored the area with stops in Napa and Sonoma. One night we drove up along the Russian River and found this motorcycle bar as I called it (Russian River Pub) and we had one of the best burgers ever. Happy Holidays. jd

Thanks John! Yup. it was a bit more civilization than we are used to - and those big roads we had to drive across the central valley on! - but it is a wonderful area with so much to discover and see. :)

Great pics of the coast, and what a beautiful coast it is. God I miss the ocean. And look, your pictures are also very sharp in detail. I need to figure that out, or take lessons. You are in a good place to be able to hit the coast or the desert, and everything in between, namely the Sierras!

Back
Top Bottom