Political Ads

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Hey DD, wasn't there a thread awhile back about political ads popping up on the website here?
I know we all have different views but with all the crap I'm getting bombarded with if I turn on the TV this website was a comfortable refuge until this morning. The main ad on the right concerned a statewide political campaign. Sorry for the gripe but am I correct about your policy?

I have the political category turned off in the Google ad settings. So if you are still seeing them, it is because the advertiser has cheated and not accurately categorized the ad. Nothing I can do about that sorry.

DD, thanks for the explanation........now I really know who I'm not voting for. Chnlisle, glad to see you're keeping that pencil sharp.

Ah, another candidate "has cheated and not accurately categorized" their ad today....................

Ah, another candidate "has cheated and not accurately categorized" their ad today....................

Aaron,

I too saw some political adds today that chafed my chaps. Stop being the Flamingo Kid and handle this BS. :)

m,arc

He may be able to herd a gaggle of flamingos at once but to make a politician honest may be a stretch even for DD.

Aaron,

I too saw some political adds today that chafed my chaps. Stop being the Flamingo Kid and handle this BS. :)

m,arc

I haven't seen/noticed any political ads, either... :oops:
Are you guys talking about pop-ups? Pop-ups are easy to block in browser settings.
Or are you talking about the little lines of text ads from Google at the top under the banner? If so, you're reading too closely. ;)
Like craig333, my brain automatically screens those out (sorry DD -- I know they're revenue...)

I haven't seen/noticed any political ads, either... :oops:
Are you guys talking about pop-ups? Pop-ups are easy to block in browser settings.
Or are you talking about the little lines of text ads from Google at the top under the banner? If so, you're reading too closely. ;)
Like craig333, my brain automatically screens those out (sorry DD -- I know they're revenue...)

I think the ads are geo-targeted so only the California peeps are seeing them at this time.

They are showing up in the main ad area to the right of gallery images on the main forum page..........I guess it figures the California folks would be "cheating"............I'm ski3pin and I approved this forum post.

Back
Top Bottom