Pop-Up Rally -- AZ 2008

You're probably already at the dealership, but autozone, checker etc. will read the code for free... at least that way you know what you're dealing with and if you need to head to the stealership. :)

Ah... so the light burned out... problem solved. :)

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Pam and I plan to be there. I'm in CA for 4 days next week but I'm back on Tues the 21st.

Lets hope the entire AZ crowd can show up at least for a little while.

Scott,
Are things a go for the group site? If we need another spot there are some nice camp areas in Sixshooter canyon(6500 ft.?) just to the east of Kellner canyon.I plan to showup either Friday night or Saturday morning.Are these the right dates, October 24,25 + 26?

Kellner Group Site

The Kellner Group site is reserved for October 24 to 26. (That is: arriving on the 24th and departing on the 26th).

More info later.

If there is still room, Linda and I would like to come and meet ya all. We live in Tucson and have a new Finch. Let us know.

Alice and I are still planning on being there. We haven't decided yet on whether we are heading up Friday or Saturday though.

Jay, what are you and Pam doing? Randy and Linda? Any other Tucsonans?

Kyle

More information: Rules

Sorry it took me so long to get around to posting this info. Last week was busy at work and home.

The rally is only a few days away, so we need to share some info. For starters, here are the rules I've (we've) agreed to abide by:
  • Earliest rrival time is Noon Friday. Leave by 11AM Sunday.
  • N/A
  • "Pack it in-pack it out". The entire area will be thoroughly "policed" by the group at the conclusion of the activity.
  • There are certain fire restrictions:
    Dead and down wood only
  • We may only use existing fire facilities
  • Make sure fires are "dead out"
[*]Disposal of human waste
  • Use restroom facilities at the campsite.
  • Waste and gray water from RV's must be taken to an approved waste facility off NFS lands.
[*]Enjoy the outdoors at your own risk
[*]ATVs, ATCs, trail bikes, etc. are not allowed within any developed recreation site.
[*]Group security is our responsibility
[*]dogs kept under control
[*]disorderly conduct, etc., is not acceptable
[*]directional signs, if used, must be removed promptly
[*]Good judgement and safety must be exercised
[*]keep a copy of this agreement
[*]you accept these terms by conducting the activity
[*]other: welcome to the national forest and enjoy your visit.

This is a fairly obvious list, and I expect no issues for this group. The gray water might be an issue, but I think as long as we're not dumping black it won't matter.

More information: Getting there

This post had some information on getting there.

In short:
  • go to globe
  • go towards the ranger station, passing besh-be-ga-wa
  • follow the signs towards pinal peak, until you see the Kellner group site sign

More Information: Locked gate / Arrival time

The gate to the Kellner site is locked with a combo pad-lock. We are supposed to lock the gate behind our group to keep others out.

I don't know that that is very realistic.

Also, I am unlikely to be the first person there. So the combination is 1001. Don't forget it!

We tentatively plan to arrive between 7 and 8PM on Friday. Of course, this may change. We will probably leave about 10AM on Sunday.

It looks iffy for us now. I've just returned from CA. My 90 yo mom is ill and I will probably have to go back on Friday. If we don't make it have lots of fun Y'all.

I sighted this at Channel Islands Harbor on Monday. Who belongs to it?

Attachments

• Phone Pix 001.jpg
    Phone Pix 001.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 223
Sorry to hear your mom isn't doing well... we'll miss you being there, but perfectly understandable. Family comes first.

Take care,

Kyle

It looks iffy for us now. I've just returned from CA. My 90 yo mom is ill and I will probably have to go back on Friday. If we don't make it have lots of fun Y'all.

I sighted this at Channel Islands Harbor on Monday. Who belongs to it?

Jay,
That would be one of our Hollywood Beach amigos. I beleive he lurks form time to time.

Sunny,
I drove by TT's a couple of times but the Truck was gone so I didn't stop. It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood tho.

Jay,
That would be one of our Hollywood Beach amigos. I beleive he lurks form time to time.

Sun-san,
That is a foriegn rig to me...not Marks...I think the guy (gal???:)) works at west marine here. seems I've seen the rig there or abouts..

Jay,
sorry to here about your Mom...

The weather has been flat, we've been out fishin alot..Stop by and have a frosty if your in the hood..

All the rest of you enthusiasts have fun this weekend at the (first annual??) AZ Pop up Bowl....(Is someone going to bring one of those pop up collinders?? sweet!)

TT:D

Back
Top Bottom