Porch light to Flood light replacement

Flyfisher

Replaced my porch light with a flood light. Useful for backing into camping spots at night, illuminating the boat when launching/pulling out/putting it away in the dark, and maybe even lighting up a camp site. Lots of light, only draws 0.5 amps. I put a switch on the light to be more convenient for use (you can see the wires). Not as pretty as I would like, but works fine.
Gregg

Attachments

• Porch Light 001.JPG
    Porch Light 001.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 368
  • Porch Light 002.JPG
    Porch Light 002.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 368
  • Porch Light 003.JPG
    Porch Light 003.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 334
What year is your camper? You may have the wiring there for floodlights already and be able to keep both. Personally I use my porch light a lot more than my floodlights.

Craig - It is a 2005 Hawk. Never used the porch light, but that could be because the switch never seemed to work.
Gregg

Dr. J - Here it is http://tacomarine.com/item--Spreader-Light--F38-4600WHA-1.html I bought it from Amazon for $56 (more than I wanted to pay, but if it lasts, it will be worth it). Requirements: low draw (0.5 amp), high lumens (675 - 988 depending on who you believe), waterproof, good looking. Searched for a while before deciding on this one. Also bought the switch from Amazon, wanted something waterproof w/out putting another hole in the back wall of the camper. Trail Tech 040-LS-B Black Push Button Light Switch

Gregg

Back
Top Bottom