Portable Compressor recommendations

I've got 4 of these: https://www.mcmaster.com/#50265k23/=15tvdf1 attached to clip-on air chucks. Can set them to what ever tire pressure is appropriate for the vehicle.
50265k23p2-c03a-digitall_635888308430000000.png

Craig, I had forgotten reading about the Trailheads 15-40 in Jonathan Hanson's article; thanks for the memory bump. Just ordered a set of 15-40s from Amazon.

Advmoto18 said:
I think the above device is more of a safety psi relief valve than a tire deflator. I have these devices on my shop compressor tanks.
That is true, however they can be had to reliably "blow-off" at or below 20 psi. the one on the link has a range from 20 psi to 200 psi depending on the spring used and the pre-load applied. My first one, an unadjustable unit was consistent at 19 psi. I have not yet set those in the above link as I have not decided what to set them to yet.

Advmoto18 said:
If you never leave tarmac, I guess you don't need to air down.
I actually leave the "tarmac" quite regular. But I don't mess with airing down. I don't want to mess with the time i takes to take them all down then pump them all back up. I don't drive off the "tarmac" for the joy of driving. I am doing it to get somewhere. I don't have a couple hours to mess with it. It just isn't important to me.

Back
Top Bottom