post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as it is for your camper)

billharr

Stealing this idea for a thread from a motorcycle forum I am on. Post a picture of your latest purchase you have made for your camper. Or anything else you use camping, (fine wine or good beer qualify)

I will start with this. Ordered after reading the thread on Bar B Q's

gallery_1903_342_12846.jpg

Great idea for a topic, Bill! :)

Just got these today. I hear that these'll help keep my camper near my truck, so I got a couple of them:

gallery_2431_383_159860.jpg

And I heard that a lot of guys accessorize theirs with nuts, so I added those, too.

[Why two different designs/styles?
Well...Ace Hardware (the only place in Bend where I found appropriate turnbuckles -- not even Home Depot and the biggest RV sales/service place had them) had both of these on the same peg, and the labels on them had the same specs. The square-edged one looks identical to the ones that came with my FWC Hawk, but it was the only one like that on the peg. And since I needed two of them I had to get one of the other style, too.]

Here's another new camper item, bought this past week:

gallery_2431_383_153382.jpg

Looks just like the one that FWC supplied with my Hawk -- and it's famous.
For the past year or so I've been using a hose draining into an open bucket for sink-drainage (after the OEM container started leaking...after I ran over it), though I know an open receptacle isn't kosher in some areas.
Years ago (pre-camper) I found a drowned desert rat (the rodent, not the primate) in my open graywater bucket...felt bad about it.
I like this design more than rigid containers -- because it's not rigid, so packs smaller. Is it less durable than a rigid container? Sure -- and I accept that trade-off. If/when this one develops a leak I'll try to patch it with Shoe Goo.

We found this storage container at the local Target, thinking it would work well as a garbage "can". It fits nicely under the recessed space under the cabinets. The lid seals air tight and a plastic produce bag from the grocers is a good fit as well. On this weekend's outing no matter how many times I kicked the trash can over it never spilled!

!image.jpg

http://www.clickclack.com/6235-p-112.html

I added a couple stickers. A sturgeon and a Catfish sticker, I love fishing for these two.

img_100345_0_297dbcb7b9adf167dcff4fbb2cac8a2f.jpg

Here is a sturgeon less than 6 foot in front of my inflatable pontoon.

img_100345_2_de0dae5930698a26a8f9648513d57bfb.jpg

Did not want to pack the 15" rMPB when traveling. Target had the Ipad mini on sale with a $100 gift card. Bought one and a case with a blue tooth keyboard. Nice small and light for checking email.

P1120749.jpg

P1120752.jpg

I have been carrying my old laptop to watch movies with at night when I am hunting or fishing by myself. I keep the old junker in case something happens to it I won't be too busted up about it.

idahoron said:
I have been carrying my old laptop to watch movies with at night when I am hunting or fishing by myself. I keep the old junker in case something happens to it I won't be too busted up about it.
We typically bring one of our 15" macbooks (sorry no photo ;) ). We've found that we can lay it on the bed (ours has sheets and comforter) and drop the top. The laptop stays safe, even on jeep trails, and is also pretty well hidden when we might be parked in town.

Back
Top Bottom