post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as it is for your camper)

Not just for the camper but that's where it will be most of the time. Picked up a Nikon D3000 off ebay. I have now joined the darkside. Unfortunately it arrived after my quick trip up the hill this weekend so only a dog pic so far.

Seems a bid odd taking a picture of a camera with another camera (cell phone). Now I just need my D3000 for dummies book to arrive.

Since tomorrow is my birthday, I whined a lot to my sweetie that, since I had a new camera body, it required better glass due to the higher resolution. She agreed to pay half the price on a new Nikon AF-S 35mm 1.4G prime lens. Great girlfriend! Since my 7100 is DX format, the 35 is equivalent to about 54mm prime. Cant wait, should be here from B&H mid week..happy birthday to me. N.A.S. continues....

nikon 35mm.jpg

Craig,

I would recommend David Busch's series of books for cameras. I have used his before with my Canon's and they are great going through each control and feature.

Read through the paper manual. Camera people like their arcane lingo fer sure. Ordered up the book. Thanks

GF paid half the price? Dang. Don't even want to know what that goes for. Happy pre bday.

Craig, I think you will find the Nikon to be a good camera. One thing that I found helpful when I bought my first Nikon DSLR was to pick up a DVD tutorial. I bought one for the D80 and the D300, both by Blue Crane. They were very helpful in getting me jump started with each body.

K6ON, I wish I knew how to get my bride to buy me a lens. In her case, it's just the opposite..."You DON'T need that lens" says The Bride. I only want three more, honest! NAS at it's worst. By the way, from what I've heard, that 35mm 1.4G is nice...

Saw this at the check out at my local Ace hardware.
Looked like something that would be useful.
Now I don't have to use the inverter in the camper or the portable one in the truck.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN2028.jpg
    DSCN2028.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 114
Going to give this a try 2" Costco mattress topper. The 3" foam in my 2013 Hawk is just a little to hard for us to sleep on. Have been using 3" REI self inflating pads, they are great but have to pull out and and put up the bed to use. The 2" topper will allow us to leave the bed made up. Will post how it works after we give it a try. Might sleep in the camper at home to try it out. I like how it has a zip over cover. Love Costco if it does not work it goes back.

med_gallery_1903_734_74620.jpg

med_gallery_1903_734_40313.jpg

med_gallery_1903_734_92244.jpg

Wide step stool to make it just a little easier to climb into bed. From that great camping store Home Goods

med_gallery_1903_734_98275.jpg

Bill,
We have a 2.5" memory foam topper and sleep much better. A few years ago I could sleep on the ground but older bones like more comfort. Happy snoozing. Our dog likes it, too.

It isn't really "for" my camper, it IS my camper. I found it not far from where I live and it followed me home. It's getting new hubs to match the 5x5.5" pattern of my Scout, and some new tires. It needs paint, but I haven't decided what color yet. Purple with yellow polka dots crossed my mind.

Attachments

• IMG_1427.jpg
    IMG_1427.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1428.jpg
    IMG_1428.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 137
Curmudgeon said:
It isn't really "for" my camper, it IS my camper. I found it not far from where I live and it followed me home. It's getting new hubs to match the 5x5.5" pattern of my Scout, and some new tires. It needs paint, but I haven't decided what color yet. Purple with yellow polka dots crossed my mind.
I'll keep an eye out for that purple-yellow-polka-dot rig...since you're in my neck of the woods. ;)

Got my Renogy 100w panel, 30a controller and two alum angles today.
sml_gallery_1903_712_11498.jpg
sml_gallery_1903_712_89379.jpg
sml_gallery_1903_712_3785.jpg

I really wanted a Trimetric gage, I really needed more solar. For the price of the Trimetric I got a 100w panel, 30a controller.

Looked at Home Depot for alum angle, they carry 4 ft and 8 ft lengths. Needed two 5 footers to go between the Yakima tracks. HD was $29 each for the 8 ft pieces. Local metal supply cut me two 5 ft pieces for $20 for both.

I will post a thread when I get it mounted. I will wire so I can plug in my 120w Solar in a Bag to the new controller.

Finally ordered LED's for my last two lights. Now all my lights are LEDs.
Got a PM on where I go the bulbs. On Ebay $8.99 for 2.

med_gallery_1903_734_26157.jpg

med_gallery_1903_734_77980.jpg

med_gallery_1903_734_41611.jpg

Still trying to find the perfect sleeping set up. The 2 1/2" foam pad from Costco did not cut it, so back it went. The 3 1/2 self inflating pads from REI that I used in the old camper were good. But had to pull out the bed to queen size and then store the pads when the bed was not pulled out. Found a double size 3" self inflating pad at REI that fit just right. Love REI took back the two single pads and got the double pad. Going to give it a try at the FWC Rally in a week.

med_gallery_1903_734_603473.jpg
med_gallery_1903_734_22292.jpg

med_gallery_1903_734_702097.jpg

I just got this the other day from Amazon. I've never really needed add'l gas, so this'll be more functional.

Attachments

• IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom