post a *PIC* of your latest purchase (can be anything as long as it is for your camper)

Search the Expo forum, I remember reading that when people needed to jump start the battery did not hold a charge to do it. Something about trying to get the company stand behind a replacement was a issue. Craig may remember better.

I saw one of those in action this summer and it worked great. The guy using it owns a towing company and has put them in all his trucks. He says it's easier and faster than the old jumper cable method. I'm not sure if it was the same brand but it was the same technology.

Talking so much about the good old days lately I have decided to purchase one of these..............................

Link here

pretty expensive but I imagine well worth the cost.

ski3pin said:
Talking so much about the good old days lately I have decided to purchase one of these..............................

Link here

pretty expensive but I imagine well worth the cost.
Yep -- get a second mortgage on your house, take that cash back 20 years and buy Apple stock. That flux capacitor would pay for itself pretty quick.

Link here

I'll have to look into that. Hope they aren't sold out.
I have just the car to use it on.

"......The power of love." Huie Lewis and the News.

Frank

armoire 032.jpg

Well, after only 8 months, NAS (Nikon Acquisition Syndrome) has struck again. Last July I picked up a new Nikon D7100 body, and yesterday, I had a friend offer me his year old D800E body for less than half pirce. He has NAS worse than me, he had to have a new D810! I'm thrilled, it only has 7200 clicks, and is still under warranty. Finally joined the 36MP sensor / "FX" crowd. My D7000 went up for sale last night and sold today, and my D7100 becomes my backup. Luckily all my long lenses are full frame, but a couple new short lenses are in order.

img_114888_1_f354377f98f9dedc25577578fdecb702.jpg

Bob, that's a great camera, and great price! Congrats! Did the grip come with it?

Hopefully, you have a bunch of FX lenses. Edit: just saw your lenses are all full frame. Great!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Bob, that's a great camera, and great price! Congrats! Did the grip come with it?
Yes, the grip came with it :) All my long tele's are FX, and a couple shorter lenses. I need a 50mm 1.4 and a short zoom, around 24 ~ 70mm and I'll be set.

I find that I tend to use a lower resolution body with the big glass, unless I am on a pretty firm tripod. My D800 is mostly used for landscape, or for wildlife that isn't moving very fast!

SHURflo_4008-101-E65.jpg

The water pump in my FWC Hawk hasn't worked in a while. And it's old enough that the latest and greatest replacing it is now two generations along (20XX 40XX).

Installation should be straightforward: two wires and two hoses.
Some reviews say "a lot quieter than my old one..." Hope so, we'll see.

I think there's a little frozen water in my camper tank...may have to dump some hot in.

Hmmm....this reminds me of a related camper project that has been irrelevant for "a while":
Replace the odd little bathroom-style faucet that came in my Hawk with a higher-arching/longer-reaching faucet. Now that I (soon will) have a working pump again then a more-functional faucet becomes relevant again.

Yeah. I didn't realize how dependent I had become on my tailgate mounted backup camera until I installed my camper & lost it.
Nice installation.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom