Post your winter work pics!

buckland said:
Takeiteasy I would gladly send all mine to you if I could. This was the tenth storm. It has messed with our sugaring season and will have to see next week if we get a second run. I got enough on the first but just can't stop!
I'm sure. East to talk when you don't have to deal with it, haha. Sugaring has been stop and start here since early February, from what I understand. Trees were all budded out a couple of weeks ago, but then froze, so things can start over. Strange year all around.

We made syrup with the kids many years ago from a huge silver maple in the back yard. Collected about 120 gallons of sap, boiled all night and got 3 gallons of syrup. Great fun. Now I just buy pure maple syrup at Costco. :p

Ah the smell of Costco isn't like standing round the boiler burning scrap wood. Then again it is a bit faster. It is a long process but my oh my our Hard rock sugar maple trees make some fine syrup.... Buttermilk pancakes from scratch with our own blueberries and Kerry butter makes one want to do a "crawl-back" nap after breakfast! Right now the forecast says 5-8 more inches snow this weekend. I am going nuts.

Buckland you are right! Nothing beats making it yourself. Even when I am enjoying my store bought syrup, I am still remembering the fun times around the fire and the boiling pan. Good luck with the rest of your season.

It's a 10 gallon homemade boiler... takes 8 hours to get a half gallon of syrup from 20 gallons sap. But like the Ray Bradury's book "Dandelion Wine" ... I can look into each bottle and see the day.

Attachments

• IMG_1931.jpg
    IMG_1931.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom