Propane Box Condensation

Roaming_Eagle

Advanced Member
So even though I sleep with the roof vents and windows open condensation has formed on the plastic box where the propane is stored. This has caused quite the musty smell, some fungal growth and completely soaked the bottom of the cabinetry. Any suggestions on how to tackle this i'm at a loss for practical ideas.

I did use damp rid products for awhile but they were marginal at best.

U356Eaox0oTt8NPZY1pozO2mt77BK4DF5i9nZE3Omgo9C5ccpitPvtedrrqs5gJCqIPNGzBeE3ViKk3oJ4vFYhX5KyN6xIGqur94sM55Yfb21E9-_uURXWoyghVZNoMVMlxiUaCJpCGfOErJ16Vuy0hMwlFHLnqSydMr9IHCfMMtlK_q8aNkTAG8RledmsIoSS6skegm0D4WtULIJRJJ3BKs-IdVAkUMVT6L3brNXvCJ67BTbti_zlOTCh1_LYSHI45FrkrRlPejSIW1diJGgTTBBpnL4BJYOoah9Ab3-EYsvD0Iq9Gtda9B-Pe_0Va_PLHaOAqkAQxttefEi1UzgGBCrC69x61oREjfDPLEMGEUeckb22Hulz5vyzURrK9C9U0RUHj14ccqqOTiOGcUdqI-DtD_PY3kkOJGGvcctOZ_n00q9uwlnYHsDHnCE3IFnmaQTCbgKO4TtCvHtKdfQqtQZ8TfEU1z18mJiwb6kHCbOuMNfurK7wf4I0gkQiBlPoz4RflPMZ4lsMrNr_o-rPT-bm0OrJrTrDBan2ztGKxhQZ7ZNlNkEaPDRuhKqq6EmmEYagXa31_4y9MLm7nEnQW-_3wZLBTzdH3oFMo=w1240-h930-no

20yPVglikXlJvr8UuSMTL1-4wzHD2XM2Va8iejbardmw6ltCeW62g1AQfsAbTD7oduA5FdKX8lpSgSi_oNE2VWPWv-CjM6YOhd6aX2WKEQfzBErRPXaU4oCzyWy_rw-7pgXdCkcFMqvRQXGd9ja3ynxhgcqVFcBDKWM6HHK3s7mynD8KelThOFzMqcNCM-tREr5bmMTMF-lj9zSr7l9wZ9jNIlp1ta3x8BI0hCgJ8dEsTv-6d9XH7EwPqjm2-YV8qd11FYjwiXHM612KCadDyIxbXjgTtEjcU1Ida7ity1aKl5wfexpR4AQIMP_I3pJ0ldJHQks1YLT8GrvE1SpV6r5PmihOUjXDhDpzoNlq1sCepg6yX06uVidJ6mRSiBdaQ_hUim-xodVaTctc5ayAFKo9gN96-QKi9pBqueBDWAoVH9As2M-ONlKcHcuYIyma7le-fS3zeu_Bn5TgONQfutZpFSRY0qvoLtUpRMsjpeM-FSSJTsSOaPr-3-Hp1ODCHjENQHr_sDM9bVWzb_nCW24h6MTV_mC4adFkMqOu4AF3Br1Grmq63Xm4XInKy2COw9w_d0Ic4mgsEJHe7aqg3OL8YpQrFW--VjY9kcM=w698-h930-no

A lot more info please. What year camper, what model? Was this factory installed. Don't understand the large gap in either photo. I don't have the amount of wasted space.

ditto. The hole for the propane line is not sealed. No point in having a propane box in that case. The "gap" may be creating the problem, as an area for warm moist air to go and get exposed to the cold air in the propane box.

I'm thinking sealing the hole would help on multiple fronts, and/or maybe adding a vapor barrier and some insulation.

longhorn1 said:
A lot more info please. What year camper, what model? Was this factory installed. Don't understand the large gap in either photo. I don't have the amount of wasted space.
2008 Eagle, 2nd Owner, the gap is where the water tank was at, the tank has been empty and dry since last June.

Vic Harder said:
ditto. The hole for the propane line is not sealed. No point in having a propane box in that case. The "gap" may be creating the problem, as an area for warm moist air to go and get exposed to the cold air in the propane box.

I'm thinking sealing the hole would help on multiple fronts, and/or maybe adding a vapor barrier and some insulation.
The hole was caused during the removal of the water tank, it has a bulkhead flange that goes there to isolate the box from the interior of the cabinet.

Are you getting moisture/rain in the box through the top seal of the door?
Years ago I noticed some water in the bottom on the tank box from rain so I
made a little drip rail on the top of the opening.
Keeps the rain that runs down the camper side from getting into the box.
So far no more problems.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Are you getting moisture/rain in the box through the top seal of the door?
Years ago I noticed some water in the bottom on the tank box from rain so I
made a little drip rail on the top of the opening.
Keeps the rain that runs down the camper side from getting into the box.
So far no more problems.
Frank
Not in the propane box, in the area surrounding the fridge vents yes.

Back
Top Bottom