Propane pressure regulator issue

BVwanderers

We bought a used Fleet in great shape this year, 5 years old. On our fourth trip the pressure regulator quit working (had it tested). Is there a better one on the market than the one FWC installs in the factory?

Are you sure it's not the flow limiter in the bottle connection? Disconnect and reconnect the bottle and open the valve slowly.

The flow limiter was tested: good. Line past the regulator: almost no pressure.

There are no “better” one. You can get better priced one on Amazon or EBay. Mine was plugged up with solvent or oil from degradation of rubber hose causing my fridge to not cooling much and the stove having yellow and weak flame. Took out the regulator and about 1/4 cup of yellowish solvent poured out. I carry a spare now.

Raising a dead post... does anyone know if I can buy a new Regulator local or should I call FWC? I'm in Texas and no longer have a dealer :(

XJINTX said:
Raising a dead post... does anyone know if I can buy a new Regulator local or should I call FWC? I'm in Texas and no longer have a dealer :(
Roger, have you tried a local RV service place, or maybe a propane supplier?

They are available at many locations, I recently replaced mine with a Mr.Heater F273763 from Amazon. Also could have gotten a regulator from our local Homedepot.

I just replaced mine and bought it from Amazon. Just make sure to get the right one (Mine was a vertical one) and after research, they are different. I actually replaced both the regulator and also the brass fitting that goes to the propane tank (the original was slightly different but this one has a rubber grommet.

Here's what I bought.
Amazon.com: Camco 59313 Vertical Two Stage Propane Regulator: Automotive

and the fitting that goes into the propane tank:
Amazon.com: Mr. Heater F273762 1/4 Male Pipe Thread x Full Flow Soft Nose P.O.L. Fitting,Multicolored,Regular: Home & Kitchen

Kevin

I am in a small town in TX the one close RV shop is no help with my 2015 Hawk... he thinks I'm some sort of 'White Trash" I think ;) Thanks for the links. I'm going to try and clean the orifice today. If no resolve I will order replacement regulator and fitting. Had to replace my Regulator on my Partner Cook stove that I use outside and it was a fix :)

Back
Top Bottom