Pros and Cons of Work Trucks?

I believe 2-10 way adjustable heated seat, larger fuel tank, e rated tires, 8 cylinder engine, minimum payload of 2000 lbs, sold me on my truck. I go anywhere and can adjust for comfort, and she can pack whatever she wants. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Lots of work trucks still have manual windows and locks. That's one upgrade I'd want, along with cruise control and power mirrors if you're solo. I guess I'd swap out the headunit for one with Bluetooth etc too

www.mulehawk.com

Bill D said:
What sort of trim level did you get with your new truck. Hopefully you start a thread and post pics of your truck and FWC. A great point of discussion would be 3/4T WT vs 1/2T with options.
I did not order any extra trim with the 2500HD work truck, so it is on the minimalist side. And I don't yet have any experience posting photos, so that will take time. With regard to load carrying, as a newbie the ample gvwr of a 3/4 ton truck offers some reassurance. Of course, a lot of 1/2 owners are pleased with the addition of airbags, an extra leaf, etc., which is another solution.

I went thru the same process picking my chev 2500 hd a year ago. Just wanted a white wt, but didn't like the 4x shifter on the floor, and wanted a CD player. Just those 2 options kicked it up to the next level, an " lt " I believe. Both lt and wt can come with all different options and layouts. Anyway, I went to a certain high volume dealer in Idaho, and got a fancy lt for the same price the local guys wanted for a wt

I love my new to me 2008 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 Duramax LT trim with nylon floor. Power everything including remote start. I can not justify buying new truck as this isn't my daily car/truck and new trucks are very expensive. I think good used Chevy Duramax trucks are very good option.
I had work truck before it was Nissan Frontier. I was not very happy with manual window, cheap plastic, bad gas mileage, etc. but loved nylon floor. My current Chevy is almost perfect.

ImageUploadedByWander The West1476598376.303370.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

i would always go with the highest package you can afford reasonably. I have bought way too many cars and wished I had those little features that the higher package came with. If your worried about extra costs maybe consider a yr or 2 old one thats been knocked down substantially and still has plenty of warranty.

Either way the big thing is getting outside and having fun. Glad to hear your back to healthy and living life!

you should check out the Silverado with a heavy duty trailering package. It increases payload by about 300lbs and get you away from old technology 6.0 gas hog. I'm running a hawk on mine and love it. Pay load is 2200 with the heavy duty trailering package. It's a hard truck to come by even new, I traveled 500 miles to get mine. But you can always special order it.

I bought the GMC 2500HD work truck in 2012. It came with power door locks and windows, but no keyless entry. I worked many years as an auto mechanic so I felt the initial savings were great and I could add features I wanted. I have changed the console to the nice dual locking compartment style, added the "DIC" switches, added fog lights, a nice radio with back up camera, and a temp-compass mirror. I had fun doing this and now have the truck I wanted at a lower cost. It is an extended cab with an 8 foot bed.

Back
Top Bottom