Pulled the Trigger on Hawk

Oryguntroutbum

Ordered my new Hawk yesterday at the International Sportsman Show in Portland. Mike from FWC made me think maybe I dwelled on the purchase a bit too long when he advised me that I was listed in their potential customer base from 1998 :D. It's all good now. Got my down payment in and options figured out. Sounds like I'm looking at a 5 or 6 week build. Now I just need Tom to cave in and let me order the SILVER Fiamma awning instead of the white. C'mon Tom, help a brother out. A silver awning on the Silver Spur is a no brainer. Can I please get some "Amens"?​

Chris

Amen! Congratulations Brother... Let The Waiting Begin.

The titanium (silver) case with the cool grey fabric would do the Silver Spur justice!
Congrats on your Hawk.
Cheers

LuckyDan,
I think I've figured out what I'm going to do about the pontoon. I have a fold down bike rack that I think I will be able to customize. Keep your fingers crossed and I will post pictures when I get it figured out.

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping Tom will allow the silver awning. According to Mike it sounds like he didn't want to do it. I think having a white awning on the side of a silver camper doesn't do it justice when there is a silver model available. It's a $25 difference which I would be happy to pay. I understand FWC wanting to tighten custom stuff up to make things easier for production teams. This is simply a color change on the same model awning so I hope it comes together. Funny how something like this, which isn't probably a big deal to some, is bugging me. It's going to be a long 6 weeks or so. Right now we are getting blasted with snow and freezing rain so I guess it's good that it will be a little while.

It's going to be a long 6 weeks or so.
Congrats rayct77. When we placed our order two weeks ago Mike gave us a similar time line. Turns out it is coming in at just under four weeks. So maybe your wait won't be so long after all. :)

That's good to hear Ted. I have a hard time not "watching the pot". Hey, is anyone else having issues with the "Quote" buttons not showing the quote when replying to a post?

rayct77 said:
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping Tom will allow the silver awning. According to Mike it sounds like he didn't want to do it. I think having a white awning on the side of a silver camper doesn't do it justice when there is a silver model available. It's a $25 difference which I would be happy to pay. I understand FWC wanting to tighten custom stuff up to make things easier for production teams. This is simply a color change on the same model awning so I hope it comes together. Funny how something like this, which isn't probably a big deal to some, is bugging me. It's going to be a long 6 weeks or so. Right now we are getting blasted with snow and freezing rain so I guess it's good that it will be a little while.
Funny, We're 150 Miles SouthEast And 3500' Higher In Elevation And You're Getting The Snow... Its 45 And Sunny Here. We Need The Moisture Way More Than You Do Over In The Valley.

rayct77 said:
That's good to hear Ted. I have a hard time not "watching the pot". Hey, is anyone else having issues with the "Quote" buttons not showing the quote when replying to a post?
Works For Me, But I'm On My Android. You Can Always Tell Because It Capitalizes All My Words Using The Phone For Some Reason...

The weather is crazy Kilroy. Starting to melt off already though. I just want a bunch of snow in the mountains so we don't have a poor fishing season this summer/fall. I have to say my Dodge did fantastic in the snow, especially with the weight of the Alaskan on the back.

Congrats! I talked to Mike a couple of times during the show. Fun to hang out a little and help answer questions some of the people had. The new campers are sure nice.

Congrats and AMEN.
Please post pictures if Tom makes it happen I'd love to see that. Sounds like a no brainer, with the growing popularity of the Silver exterior it does not seem like it should be a problem.
I guess you could delete the option and make it happen yourself after you take delivery.

Back
Top Bottom