Push bar hinge

Pamid2805

Advanced Member
Any ideas where to get a replacement hinge for front push bar? I want to attempt drilling out pin and using a removable pin so I can remove bar for sleeping. Just don't want to destruction and not have backup!

I can email fwc, just know they are busy so thought wd check here first.

I would check with FWC before you remove it, to me it looks like part of the support against fore aft movement.

The end of the bar is captured so if some unforseen reason prevents the end panel collapsing down and squishing you. Look at the system before deciding to remove it.

Just a opinion.

I understand that the push bar gets in the way at times while moving around in bed. If you remove it after you use it to push up the top, then maybe you can match a captive device like whats on the back panels.

When you lower the roof reattach the push bar (now a pull bar).

I would feel safer having a strap or something to prevent the front panel lowering unexpectedly from wind blast, snow load, bear on your hood and pushing on the panels from the outside. Ok maybe that would never happen, but???

Convient would be a quick release pin on the bar so it is easy .

pvstoy said:
there was a post years ago regarding this, perhaps it would come up in a search.
I thought I remembered a design that would lift and then lock in vertically against the panel. I thought it was here.

Yes, I got the idea from the prior post and I have plans to stabilize. Just looking for the hinge right now.

Prior post stated they drilled out the "plastic" pin. Now they are metal which makes removal more difficult. Hence my desire to play with a spare instead of screwing up the only one I have.

Appreciate any info on purchasing the hinge.

kinda bush league maybe, but I made my push bar and hinge from scratch. The hinge is a section of piano hinge.

Back
Top Bottom