Question for installing L Track on the floor.

Area45

Advanced Member
I haven't removed my shell from the truck yet and I wanted to get an idea of how long a bolt I should get for the floor. I have cut my L-track to the correct length and need to get the hardware still. The L-Track is 1/4" thick but the floor thickness is an unknown. I plan to drill through the floor and use T-nuts to secure the L-track. I searched but could not find any info in the threads.

Thanks in advance.

Errin

Errin,

I am going to show ignorance, and ask what a 'L track' is.

On the floor thickness question. I believe it is 3/4 of an inch, but play safe and talk to FWC. You can also consider putting another strip along the path of the L track if you want more thickness. There is a frame that the floor sits on. When you take the camper off, you will see what I am referring to.

Steve

I'm thinking that you need to drill the holes anyway, drill at least one of them and then it will be easy to measure the total thickness that you need to go thru.

The floor is 5/8" plywood. I ended up finding it in a thread after all. For future reference I used 1/4-20 x 1" stainless steel oval head machine screws with T nuts. First I used 1 1/4" length screws so I could attach the T Nut underneath. Then I seated the T Nut, removed the 1 1/4" screw and replaced it with the 1" screw. This allowed it be flush when it was done. I think that I could've left he 1 1/4" screws in because, as mentioned above, there is a frame that the floor sits on. So there was room to allow the screw to protrude slightly from the floor, but I think that it it's better if it's flush.

I got three sections installed to day. Two mostly for securing bins and one attach my bike securely.

14481689441_ea681d061a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom