Question on load side of MPPT controller

FoxenTec

Hello,

I have a new ECO Worthy 20 amp Solar MPPT Controller. I am wiring up the solar panels and the battery to the appropriate connections on the controller. My question is whether or not there is any valid reason why I couldn't do the following:

Wire off of the MPPT Controller "LOAD" side connections, a Blue Sky 6 port Fuse Block for small 12V DC connections

The fuse block would be installed a few inches away from the controller and feed a USB port for charging a cell phone and maybe a small 12V DC power supply for a DVD player.

Normally I would just run a power cable from my battery to the fuse block but since my MPPT is right there and has load connections I thought this was a possibility.

Thank you!

No reason why you can't, as long as your loads won't draw more than 20A (including the inrush). I am not familiar with the ECOworthy unit, but I assume it has a low voltage shutoff on the load terminals? That in itself is a reason to us the load terminals.

Awesome. Thank you Rando for the comments. I believe the ECO does have the low voltage shutoff but I will confirm.

Back
Top Bottom